• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amazing video

I think this is pretty old but i have never seen it before. Blew me away last night when watching and i think James May is right you know with what he says at the end about us viewing the planet different if we could all experience something like this.

I always avoid programs on tv like this as i find it boring but the BBC seem to just make things like this appealing.

Sorry to the mods if it's not fit for here

YouTube - James May from Top Gear rides in a U-2 spy plane

Bill Hicks

Banned
I think this is pretty old but i have never seen it before. Blew me away last night when watching and i think James May is right you know with what he says at the end about us viewing the planet different if we could all experience something like this.

I always avoid programs on tv like this as i find it boring but the BBC seem to just make things like this appealing.

Sorry to the mods if it's not fit for here

YouTube - James May from Top Gear rides in a U-2 spy plane

Did you know the first name for this aircraft was going to be the Thin Lizzy! :laugh:

Last edited:

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I have that clip (well a bit longer say 15 mins) on my Freeview HDD from when it was broadcast a couple of years back.

Must have watched it a hundred times.

Amazing.

He's one lucky bloke.

Praying (and expecting now) that those sorts of experiences will be in the domain of us mere mortals in the not too distant future.

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
how much would that flight cost?

Not sure but Im waiting for RyanAir to start space flights.

£4.99*

*Spacesuit or Oxygen not included.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom