1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing TV deal

Discussion in 'TVs' started by simonp, Dec 30, 2002.

1. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I would share with you lot the deal that I just picked up from my local department store.

They did the Samsung 28M64NS (28" Flatscreen TV) with cabinet, a 5 year warranty and Samsung Video Recorder for just £399.

Considering that the best deal I could get before that was from Comet for the same price but just 1 year gurantee and no Video, I thought this deal was quality.

I could'nt believe my luck becasue this was the TV that I had already decided I was going to get.

I would also like to say a big thank you to this forum, that I only discovered a week ago, which has given me far better information than I had found anywhere else for months beforehand.

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    Yes , sounds good - especially with 5 years peace of mind.

I just got my 22 year old son a 28" Grundig IDTV (MW70 502)
    for 180 quid from Curry's - with just a 12month guarantee.
    I guess they don't have the will or expertise to get it going.
    No it's not flatscreen, but does have the 2 tuners (digital & analogue), virtual dolby with a decent sized bass speaker & both SCARTs RGB capable.
    The reason for the price is it came ex-display with no handbook & no remote. I have located a replacement remote control for 19 quid and , in the meantime, got it to receive all the freeview channels (which weren't even set up on it) using the universal remote that came with my FTA satellite receiver and an indoor antenna on top of the TV.
    It is , of course, a discontinued model - though Grundig still have it on their website (which needs an update).

I'm pretty chuffed with that purchase anyway.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. moogy20

moogy20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What a deal!
    Which store was it please?

4. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was a store called David Morgans. I think the Cardiff store is the only one they have. It is like a House of Fraser, Howells, John Lewis type of store.

What I recommend is to get your local paper and look at all the ad's in there. That is how I found this deal, tucked deep in the paper. Nobody knew about it.

Hope this helps.

sorry for the late reply Moogy.

5. moogy20

moogy20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks
    I'll keep on lookin.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Blimey that was a good deal, wish I had known that it was Morgans, My mate bought the Samsung Plano 28" with the DVD player built in and that cost him £600 with a free VHS and 12 months warranty:eek: :eek: :eek:

7. andyw

andyw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if this is a good deal or not, since no one replied to my thread, but i have just purchased a Thomson 46" RP from QED for 825 quid, when everywhere else is selling it for 1200 minimum

andyw