Amazing photos from recent Shuttle/Hubble mission

Wow yes. They are so clear. I love the one of the spaceman in the microwave oven! :D

Stunning photos:thumbsup:

First pic, the Solar Transit, Thin line of the Earths Atmosphere and the shot of Kennedy Space centre being my favourites:smashin:

Has the Flat Earth Society seen these?

:eek:

I had no idea such a thing was visible from earth ! Sometimes feel such a mug for sitting here in england paying a mortgage and getting bogged down by financial drama and political sleaze.

Amazing pictures. Check out the last photo - is the woman's necklace floating due to zero-gravity?

I wish I was an astronaut, it has to be the best job. Seems to be the only thing with even a hint of adventure left in it.

Thw world looks so peaceful and clean from up there, you can't even tell we are here.

Very jealous!

I am surprised you are all taken in.
They are all fakes made in a Hollywood back lot.

:devil:

I am surprised you are all taken in.
They are all fakes made in a Hollywood back lot.

:devil:

Trust someone to come along and spoil it! :devil::D

Was just looking thru the pics again and came upon the one near the bottom showing the view of the cockpit....doesn't it look very low tech?

I know the shuttles are getting old but just looks ordinary compared to say, the cockpit of a modern airliner but the big difference is one goes into space!

Someway reminds me of what the inside of a old russian fighter plane looks like.

Last edited:
Amazing photo's! Very exciting stuff! Photo's taken a week ago in space from a space ship and I'm sitting on my sofa in my lounge looking at them!!!

Not sure about the last picture though, talk a bout the wrong stuff!

Was just looking thru the pics again and came upon the one near the bottom showing the view of the cockpit....doesn't it look very low tech?

I know the shuttles are getting old but just looks ordinary compared to say, the cockpit of a modern airliner but the big difference is one goes into space!

Someway reminds me of what the inside of a old russian fighter plane looks like.

low tech you say.....

S99-01417.jpg

The picture (i think) you might have be referring to is actually of the controls for the cargo bay (controlling operation of the doors and remote manipulator system) the flight deck is not in any of the pictures as far as i can see so I think the image has been mislabelled.

Last edited:
Heroes.

What courage to go up there and do that. :thumbsup:

low tech you say.....

IMAGE REMOVED

The picture (i think) you might have be referring to is actually of the controls for the cargo bay (controlling operation of the doors and remote manipulator system) the flight deck is not in any of the pictures as far as i can see so I think the image has been mislabelled.

Wow, thats more like it!

TBH have never seen the flight deck before in the shuttle so the mis-labelled pic didn't help.

Anyone know what salary an astronaut gets? Nevermind found the info on NASA website:

Q. What is an astronaut's salary?
A. Salaries for civilian Astronaut Candidates are based on the Federal Government's General Schedule pay scale for grades GS-12 through GS-13. Each person's grade is determined according to his/her academic achievements and experience. Currently, a GS-12 starts at $65,140 per year and a GS-13 can earn up to $100,701 per year.

Worth every cent!

Last edited by a moderator:
stunning pics

NASA are really getting good at faking space stuff, and we all know the world is flat :p

Some of them shots show some really high tech gadgets etc in there!!!

Click to enlarge:

Or maybe it's just extreme product placement?
:D:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom