Amazing Phone - iNew V3 5" Smartphone

Dr Niceguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks very nice, but a problem with iNew (and most of the unknown Chinese makers) is a complete lack of after sales service. We tried to get spares for an iNew phone recently and it's easier to just buy a whole new phone than get any spares (like a new screen).

Looks good, but I'll go for the 16GB Moto G instead.

Rizza

Looks very nice, but a problem with iNew (and most of the unknown Chinese makers) is a complete lack of after sales service. We tried to get spares for an iNew phone recently and it's easier to just buy a whole new phone than get any spares (like a new screen).
You can buy spares for the iNew V3, see here LCD Display Screen+ Touch Screen Assembly Replacement For iNew V3 [1214] :
and here http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...een-assembly/184719588.html#sd1-13-1|83422040 and here http://www.dhgate.com/product/lcd-d...een-assembly/184720303.html#s1-3-1|2521805467
And if you need other parts like the camera, case, vibration motor and other stuff see here All available iNew V3 Accessories
This phone seems to be very well supported and the firmware has been regularly updated too ironing out any bugs.

You can buy spares for the iNew V3, see here LCD Display Screen+ Touch Screen Assembly Replacement For iNew V3 [1214] :
and here http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...een-assembly/184719588.html#sd1-13-1|83422040 and here http://www.dhgate.com/product/lcd-d...een-assembly/184720303.html#s1-3-1|2521805467
And if you need other parts like the camera, case, vibration motor and other stuff see here All available iNew V3 Accessories
This phone seems to be very well supported and the firmware has been regularly updated too ironing out any bugs.

I never said you couldn't, just that it was more trouble than it is worth.

Unless you have a financial interest in the sale of these phones it pretty easy to see that spending around £150 on a phone and then spending half of that on a LCD that will take a month to arrive from China doesn't make sense.

They are cheap phones that are cheaply made and unless they are very cheap not really worth it when you can buy something like a Nexus 5 for only a small amount more or a Huawei or ZTE for similar money...

I never said you couldn't, just that it was more trouble than it is worth.

Unless you have a financial interest in the sale of these phones it pretty easy to see that spending around £150 on a phone and then spending half of that on a LCD that will take a month to arrive from China doesn't make sense.

They are cheap phones that are cheaply made and unless they are very cheap not really worth it when you can buy something like a Nexus 5 for only a small amount more or a Huawei or ZTE for similar money...

I don't call approx £41 for a replacement screen to be half the price!
I don't have a financial interest, my brother has one and I'm so impressed with it I'm thinking of getting one too, so I've been doing lots of research and found it to be well supported on the forums and easy to get spares (although I have never cracked a screen of any phone I've ever owned so I wouldn't expect to ever replace it, but it good to know I can get them)

My better half has this phone (after smashing her Star N9500) and it really is a cracking piece of kit.

The screen is crystal clear and it's very thin and light. She's had it a couple of months now without any issues whatsoever and a couple of her friends have also bought one after having a play with hers.

It cost £149 and for that sort of money you really can't go wrong. It feels like a premium gadget!

I have to say I've just purchased the "i New V3 5" for my daughter and very impressed I am too, fantastic bright screen which is easy to use and navigate around, the build quality is great with no flex in the construction, it also has nice metal finish to the edges and buttons that have a nice tactile feel to them.

I would highly recommend this phone to any of my friends and seriously considering swapping out my Iphone 4s for one, especially as the company has them on a special easter deal.

Digital Playworld iNew V3 - 5 inch HD 1280x720 Quad core 1.3GHz CPU 1GB RAM+16GB ROM 13MP NFC, OTG

The guy I spoke to was extremely helpful, the phone arrive promptly and already set up to work on 3 network...so it worked straight out of the box.

Excellent bit of kit and great service from a local company.

Last edited:
The main thing that is putting me off this phone is the 1830mh battery. Anybody got any experience of the battery life in daily use?

I asked my brother only yesterday about his battery life because I'm close to ordereing one myself and he was saying in normal usage he just about gets a day out of it, but when he went to London last weekend and was using google maps a lot, it didnt't last the day so he ordered an extra battery yesterday.
For an extra £8.99 that's what I think I will do too, Digital Playworld Original iNew V3 Spare Battery - 1830mah - Android Mobile Phones
I was just looking online and did you know the iPhone 5S only has a 1558mAh battery!

I asked my brother only yesterday about his battery life because I'm close to ordereing one myself and he was saying in normal usage he just about gets a day out of it, but when he went to London last weekend and was using google maps a lot, it didnt't last the day so he ordered an extra battery yesterday.
For an extra £8.99 that's what I think I will do too, Digital Playworld Original iNew V3 Spare Battery - 1830mah - Android Mobile Phones
I was just looking online and did you know the iPhone 5S only has a 1558mAh battery!

Cheers for that, sounds a good idea.

Thats terrible !

(The iPhone Battery that is)

So going to ask a stupid question here:

So when the iNew's battery dies or is about to die, that is when you change batteries (having bought the aforementioned backup).

LOL

Looks like I might have been right about ongoing iNew quality, the iNew v3 is getting a hard time on the chinaphone forums. It appears to be stuck together with tape and silicon...

If we look on problems so far:
- faulty charging module
- two versions of phone and you don't know which you're going to get
- manufacturer supports only one of them (kind of)
- GPS working but unusable in car (loses signal and incorrectly guides)
- often losing wifi and 3g
- practically no RMA
- phone is assembled with sticky tape
31.png

V3 falling apart [or how to change color of home button]

Fault 2 sounds most worrying, 2 separate versions and its pot luck which one you get (and one has no support at all).

I brought the i New V3 for my daughter ( who's 15 ) and have purchased a second one for myself too, and I have been most impressed with the build quality and have experienced non of the problems noted above,
My daughter often put hers in her jeans pocket, I would have expected some deterioration but all is good :thumbsup:

With reference to the comments made above on the Chap on the China forums...personally speaking this is just one phone out of 100's of 1000's that are out there, and is probable just one disgruntled customer the minority rather than the majority.

These phones give a excellent "user experience" in all aspects and I for one will continue as the provide excellent value for money.

So thats a thumbs up from us :thumbsup:

I have a problem with regards to automatic on/off the screen when i close/open its flip cover. I don't know what to do, I've already reset the factory setting 2x but still doesn't work..hope u could help me with this...

Have just received the V3 from Digital Playworld.
Replaced a Iocean X7 due to a cycling accident which ruined screen.

Came with Android Kit Kat 4.4 installed
During the initial set up only problem I encountered was the SD card kept getting unmounted.
Easiest way around this was to format card in phone ( which i should have done) and then plug into
pc to transfer music across.
PC transfer was easier that ever, plugged in / found hardware and off i went, no actioning any usb actions on phone. Choice of where to transfer files to option on pc screen.
Wifi picked up straight away.
Picked up network (virgin) straight away.
Installed a launcher and a few personnel preference apps for vid / music, sound good with out speakers.A big improvement over my Iocean :)
Battery as yet doesnt seem a problem but all I have done is transfer music via cable.

It came with a couple of Russian Vid's on the main memory though. Ok to watch but easily deleted.
Came with Basic Android app's installed (which i did like). Not a lot of clutter !!

Plenty of cases available on Aliexpress, again a plus as chinese phones are a little hard for cases in the UK.
:thumbsup:

I have a problem with regards to automatic on/off the screen when i close/open its flip cover. I don't know what to do, I've already reset the factory setting 2x but still doesn't work..hope u could help me with this...
haven't encountered this problem nor can i find anything on internet as yet.
Could be faulty phone / sensor / ????

can you not return ?

Have just received the V3 from Digital Playworld.
Replaced a Iocean X7 due to a cycling accident which ruined screen.

Came with Android Kit Kat 4.4 installed
During the initial set up only problem I encountered was the SD card kept getting unmounted.
Easiest way around this was to format card in phone ( which i should have done) and then plug into
pc to transfer music across.
PC transfer was easier that ever, plugged in / found hardware and off i went, no actioning any usb actions on phone. Choice of where to transfer files to option on pc screen.
Wifi picked up straight away.
Picked up network (virgin) straight away.
Installed a launcher and a few personnel preference apps for vid / music, sound good with out speakers.A big improvement over my Iocean :)
Battery as yet doesnt seem a problem but all I have done is transfer music via cable.

It came with a couple of Russian Vid's on the main memory though. Ok to watch but easily deleted.
Came with Basic Android app's installed (which i did like). Not a lot of clutter !!

Plenty of cases available on Aliexpress, again a plus as chinese phones are a little hard for cases in the UK.
:thumbsup:
Further info
After using for a week, found the battery life very good. lasts about good 2 days ( have not used music too much as cannot cycle atm).
Gps is so much better than Iocean x7 turbo. no messing picks up location straight away.
Has a nice, or not so nice as your seem fit, A app permission manager so you can control
if an app can access internet when you want it too.
Has a built in Auto start manager in Security settings.

So far am very much likening this phone. looks and feel a lot more expensive, very responsive also.
I would recommend for such a bargain of a price

im having sim issues with my galaxy s4 and i upgrade in march april and waiting for the s6. ive been looking at this one and wondered how people were getting on with it, for instance build quality and how it feels in the pocket. and also does this have play store installed or will it need rooting and installed that way

Yes Play store in preloaded.
size in 5" so it wont get lost in your pocket ;)
mine is not rooted but you can do if required, havent felt the need to be honest.
Gps is frightening fast.
Also has a preloaded app for permission management .
feels great in the hand, well built for price,
limited editions in a couple of colours.
iNew Mobile - iNew Mobile Android Phone - iNew Mobile Phone Online Store

only downside is a lack of a decent leather case. :D

Yeah ive read since it has play store which is great. Not bothered about rooting as ive done it on the s4 but unrooted since. I have read the gps is poor and google maps and nav doesnt work is this the case?

As for cases where ill get it from it comes with one which helps

no gps is quick for me.
recently went Germany and tried maps with me and google maps, picked me up straight away.
so much better than my last IOcean x7.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom