1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing new product from Apple

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Pecker, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,347
    I'm amazed no-one has mention this from Apple:
    ==========================

Introducing our latest product:

The i-kettle

This year's must have kitchen accessory, the i-kettle will make you the envy of all your friends, who'll also all have one.

The i-kettle will be available in Apple's now famous 'spunk cream' colour.

It has a capacity of half a mug of water, which it will heat up in a mere 5 minutes.

Fed up of your current kettle's tired old 'on/off' switch? Amaze yourself with Apple's new thermo-wheel, which makes turning the machine on and off so much easier than other kettles' stone-age controls.

The i-kettle is thoughtfully fitted with a fully molded lead & plug, inaccessable to prying hands. If the fuse blows, simply send the whole kettle back to us for repair (only £50).

The i-kettle is available now for a mere £149.99.

A mini-i-kettle (capacity quarter of a cup) will be available sometime later in the year for only £147.50.

Go on. Buy an i-kettle and be different like everyone else.

=============================

:smashin:

Steve W

2. Stahlhart!

Stahlhart!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good one! if you can laugh about it...

3. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    There's also an i-Kettle shuffle due next year. It will heat your water to a random temperature each time you use it.

4. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Sony are, inevitably, bringing out their own version to rival the i-kettle.

It will, unfortunately, take a different type of water than all other water-heating devices and a special pipe is required to connect the water-receptacle-component (kettle) to the the water-dispensing-unit (tap).

:hiya:

5. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Creative will also announce the Zen Steam. It will boil twice as much water for half the price of the iKettle, but at half the speed. Cheap people will buy one, and will spend most of their time trying to convince themselves it's better than the iKettle. :devil:

6. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    HI THERE
    As a relative newcomer to whole i experience i need some help here !!

Im after a new i kettle and am in two minds which to go for as the ipod kettle sounds good with all the easy to use features but seems expensive, the Sony i kettle just doesnt do it for me but ive heard iRiver are bringing one out with a lcd screen which displays the temp and time left to boil significantly cheaper than the ipod kettle with greater capacity can anyone confirm this ???

Ive also heard ipod are soon to bring out the iPod photo kettle with an lcd screen and ability to boil greater quantities as well as take photos but only in empty mode as a few testers have been scalded while testing.

So the dilema is do i buy one of the above or wait for the bang & olufsen i kettle which only boils water for three times the price but looks really stylish whilst doing it ??

Any views would be greatfully received
    Please reply only between the hours of 10 and 4 as matron only lets me use the pc then
    KevH

7. summat

summat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're all nutters! :mad:

Don't you know using electrickery to boil your cuppa ruins the flavour!

Tried and tested technology of the 19th Century should be adopted for all purist brew-drinkers. Not for us the artifacts of ionisation within the boiling pot. A clean flame from fine English spruce, within a granite mantle, caressing a copper urn with mountain water will provide the perfect basis of a nice cuppa. For those with a desire for a more portable device, they should look at no less than a prambulatory wood burning stove. Nothing less will do!

8. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61

Yup. It's true. To boil water with the iRiver iBH20-100, all you need to do is to fill it with water, press button A3 to lock the lid (the sound that plays when doing this is fully customisable), press down button B2 longer than 3 seconds to engage the 'water present indicator', select the fourth option in the main menu "Liquid Heating Activities" (after "Weather Forecasting", "Interactive Toaster" and "Configure Kitchen Sink"), select 3rd option "Water" in the Liquid Type menu, select the 10th sub-option "Boil Water" (after 10C, 20C, 30C, 40C, etc) and hold down button A2 more than 5 seconds, then quickly press button B1 followed by moving the menu selection joystick to the right.

The water boiling may stop at 80 degrees on frequent occasions. iRiver have promised a firmware upgrade to solve this problem in their next major firmware release, which is due... two months ago. Meanwhile the current firmware upgrade has added a very important new feature: Fully customiseable pulsing light show while boiling.

9. OmgWtfIDiedLol

OmgWtfIDiedLol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

So the iRiver kettle can cool water too?
    hehehe... I've just gotta photochop something for this

-edit- BEHOLD MY BOREDOM!

Attached Files:

10. Audionyx

Audionyx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    There is a group test of the above products in this month's What Kettle and Home Brewer.

Interesting to read that the Sony Cybersteam lost a star due to the proprietory filling and storage method though was rated highest at boil-ability!

In line with recent trends the iKettle won the test despite users having to log onto iWater for discounted content!

An Apple spokesperson was quoted as saying "This exciting product steams it's way into modern kitchens at a point before the market reaches boiling point"

11. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,347
    Great responses, and I love the photo. Great to see people here have a sense of humour!

Why did the i-kettle win, do you think?

Anything to do with the fact that most journalists use Apple computers, and have been looking for an excuse to give Bill Gates a good kicking for a while?

BTW, RE:

"Creative will also announce the Zen Steam. It will boil twice as much water for half the price of the iKettle, but at half the speed. Cheap people will buy one, and will spend most of their time trying to convince themselves it's better than the iKettle."

Yes, apparently the Zen does the same thing, only cheaper (not sure where you got that tjing about slower, though?). Apparently, their marketting tag line is:

"The Zen Steam: For those with more sense than money"

Steve W

12. Audionyx

Audionyx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Allegedly despite Apple using the "AQUA" interfacing subsystem for their OS, Bill Gates, founder and majority shareholder in Microsoft Corporation has confirmed a rival product purchased from the relatively unheard of company Watersoft Inc.

The product is internally codenamed "Domination"

Rumours abounding the web indicate Windoze XP users will have (via a 7.6GB service pack download) full wireless connectivity of the device. Industry experts question the security of the connection, raising concerns about virus and spyware issues. "How can consumers protect against PG or Nescafe popups on their devices?" one expert was quoted.

Little more is known on this new device other than estimated ship date is 2009 - tentative!

13. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    This is something only said by Zen Steam owners. :rotfl: