Amazed at my new w1070

PD1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've spent the day putting up my fixed screen and ceiling mounting my new Benq w1070 and to say that I am impressed is an understatement! I have it in my new dedicated room with a 100" screen, I can't stop looking at the quality of the picture. It's going through my Onkyo 626 with an xbox one connected. Blurays look stunning and xbox one gaming is amazing! Will post pictures soon.

Never mind posting pictures tonight...get the stack of discs you've been collecting (I hope) and go and enjoy them. :)

It's amazing what projectors at under £1k can look these days, only 5 yrs ago this sort of quality would have cost £5k.

I have to agree. I replaced my 3.5k when new HD1, with an optoma hd30. We have just watched man of steel and polar express in 3d and was blown away on both films.
I still can't get over PQ this good for so little money :)

Congratulations...I just went ahead and forked over money for my Optoma HD131xe.
Site unseen. So I have no idea what the images will look like or if I can live with the rainbox effect etc. I found no other way to do it except for a leap of faith.

I guess my first choice would have been the W1070 but I got the Optoma for $660 shipped so I'm just going to have to take a chance for that kind of money because I think the 1070 would have cost me at least an extra $200.

The 131x & W1070 are not poles apart in performance in fact at around this price level there is not that much to choose between the various models available. One may have a few more lumens or a different zoom ratio that works better with your room.

As to sharpness/colours and contrast ratio they are all in the same ballpark so when you get the 131x switched on you too will be:D:D:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom