1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amatuer needs help , anyone oblige??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jeffmcsheff, Dec 25, 2004.

1. jeffmcsheff

jeffmcsheff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: hi all , i have just recently bought a Bush 15" Lcd tv and a Hitachi HTDK170UK DVD Digital Theater System. I need some help on connecting all my equipment together. Below are all the sockets/connections available on each unit:

Bush 15"Lcd tv

1xScart , S-Video input , Aerial socket , audio input (red &white) , video input (yellow)

Hitachi Dvd digital Theater System

Av Input (white,red,yellow-video) , Audio Out (white , red , yellow-subwoofer) , Video Out (yellow) , S Video , Scart output , Scart input , speaker connections (5.1 surround).

Right , i need advise on connecting these two units together along with a freeview box. At the momment i can only hear sound through speakers if i play a dvd , is it possible to run the sound through the speakers of my theater system for when i am watching tv/freeview only.Also , is it possible to run an xbox through the 5.1 surround system.

CHeers , hope someone can help anything else you need to help please let me know

2. dave741

dave741

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi...(hope this is of some use)

lcd tv to 5.1 system will connect with a scart cable (fully connected)
    freeview will connect with your spare av inputs on your 5.1 system
    xbox slightly more complicated as if my sums are correct youve run out of av inputs (easily solved with a simple switching unit try QED or ixos

all the best and hope you get connected

dave

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    IF FV box has 2 scarts go XBOX>FV>DVD>TV all on scart...... however the DVD system you have is very basic.. I assume there is not much left in budget but one with a DIGITAL input that decodes DD5.1 from an external source (your case XBOX) would be worth putting a bit of extra cash towards....