Am in the process of selling current TV, lookin for 32 inch.

Beany31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm too late for the good deals :(

The Panasonic 32LXD80 is a miss now for my budget of £360, which will be spent at the end of the week or early next week.

I've looked at the Sharp LC32D44E and Sharp LC32D44SE, is there any difference between the two? £329 at Richersounds and £349 at Currys.

The TV will be used for BluRay, SD Football on Freeview and Gaming on the Xbox 360.

I'm quite stuck now so any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Is the LXD80 a miss because you can't find it in stock or because you can't find it below £360? If you go to the Richer Sounds website and sign up to the VIP club then sign into the VIP area on the website, you can get the LXD80 for £349.95. This of course is reliant on being able to pick it up from a RS locally and that RS having stock, but it's worth a go. If you want a 5yr warranty it will take you over budget to £385. It's a very good deal when you consider at Comet this TV is over £600 with a 3yr warranty!

I can confirm that the deal for the Panasonic is still live and ends tomorrow (21st Jan) by the looks of it.

A pain for me as I was leaving it till next week.

I think I'm too late for the good deals :(

The Panasonic 32LXD80 is a miss now for my budget of £360, which will be spent at the end of the week or early next week.

I've looked at the Sharp LC32D44E and Sharp LC32D44SE, is there any difference between the two? £329 at Richersounds and £349 at Currys.

The TV will be used for BluRay, SD Football on Freeview and Gaming on the Xbox 360.

I'm quite stuck now so any help would be appreciated, cheers.
There's no difference except for the colour (The RS one is a dark grey but better than I thought). I'd recommend getting RS to arrange for a demo of the Sharp and the Panasonic as I find the Sharp to be a really good telly and I'd be surprised if the Panasonic was that much better for the extra 20 quid TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it have 24p for Bluray? Anyone know what its like for handling Sport like Football and Tennis on Freeview?

Last edited:
Does it have 24p for Bluray? Anyone know what its like for handling Sport like Football and Tennis on Freeview?

The Panasonic has 24p I'm pretty sure, not tried a bluray yet. Meant to have really good motion handling for sport, though I haven't tested it out yet. PS3 is excellent.

Yeah I know about the Panasonic. I meant the sharp, but forgot to mention it :oops:

I can confirm that the deal for the Panasonic is still live and ends tomorrow (21st Jan) by the looks of it.

A pain for me as I was leaving it till next week.

where is this deal??

It was in the VIP list deals.

You can get to them by signing up, then typing your email address into the box at the bottom of the left nav to view more deals.

Now the deal is a Sharp 32" for 329

Play.com have the LXD80 in stock for £399.

I have the TX32LXD85 - love it - blu ray is fantastic through it (Sony BDP350):smashin:

it has a film mode but I've not used it for blu-ray yet. football is very good on Freeview with a good source and the Sharp handles motion well IMHO

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom