1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I wrong to buy a Plasma TV NOW ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Reaps, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Reaps

Reaps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Im new to this forum, but i've been looking around to get a plasma TV and i do have one in mind.

Besides that, I have been told that these TVs are in their early stages and aren't worth being bought yet, for their very high prices.

Some say that they break down very quickly, some within the 1st few months and others take weeks to get fixed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not I should go out and buy a plasma TV now ?

Instead of this option, im willing to go out and get myself a large widescreen TV, but from the pure size of the plasma's (42") theres not much excitement in thinking of getting such a small in size WS compared to the plasma.

Whats your opinions on this guyz please?

Thanks

Reaps

ps. the Plasma I was very nearly getting is the Sony - KZ-42TS1.
    Thanks again.

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Get one now if you want one.

The problem with any technology is there will always be something else on the horizon, so you could wait all your life for something better or enjoy what is available now.

3. Reaps

Reaps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you think its worth getting one now, or do u think the technology is so quickly in the advancing, i should just wait another year to be on the safe side?

Thanks again =)

4. SimonD

SimonD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reaps,
    If you wait a year you will still ask the same question in a years time. Plasma screens are a bit like PC's there will always be a bigger and better one available in six months time.

P.S. I am currently looking at buying a 42" Panasonic

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,987
    It's a question only you can answer.

It is certainly likely that prices will continue to fall, standards will improve and/or plasmas will demise in favour of another flat panel technology (eg LCD).

However, there is a three-way equation which needs to balance. When it does, is the time to buy. And only you can tell when it does.....

The price > The features/performance > Your own patience.

6. Reaps

Reaps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats a damn good answer:)

thanks for the advice, i will decide in a few days, thanks alot for ur time guyz :D