Am I watching progressive scan pictures ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nikral, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Nikral

Nikral
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Could someone please explain to me what is happening in my set up . I have a Sony RDR-HX900 HD/DVD recorder which has component out connections . This is connected to my LCD component input . No other connection to the LCD exists. eg. scart , s-video etc. On the component input channel on the TV I can watch my Telewest cable channels which are fed through scart to an input on the HD recorder and out through the component cables to the TV.The TV channel display shows COMPONENT 480 P 50 Hz. So here is my silly question .... Am I watching progressive scan pictures from the cable box via the recorder ?

The quality of the picture is very good ,but is it component with progressive scan?

cheers

Nikral

2. phil5743

phil5743

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Try pressing the "progressive button" on your HX900 remote and see if it switches the display back and forth from progressive to interlaced.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,022
    It's kind of irrelevant. The answer is "yes" with certainty. But only because the LCD itself is intrinsically a progressive device and has its own de-interlacer. So, regardless of what signal protocol or input is used - yes, even good old RF - you are watching progressive.

4. phil5743

phil5743

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I think what he really wants to know is if the recorder is out-putting a prog scan signal