Am i wasting money?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by RAINS, Feb 13, 2009.

1. RAINS

RAINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I am considering upgrading my DV400 DVD player and Sony SDBR900 receiver with the LX-51 and BDP-51 to go with my 428xd and kef's which i have had for 2 years.

I currently use a PS3 for bluray and optical to the sony amp for sound.

I also want to connect a 360 and Wii by component and cable box (sound only as it has scart only)

Am i wasting my money by upgrading? please give me some reason, evidence so i can convince the wife !!!

Any suggestions on where best to buy and deals would be appreciated, currently looking at richer sounds, TLC and Peter Tyson.

2. Alistair

Alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I always thought the PS3 did a good job for Bluray, that is until I borrowed a loaner LX71 from my local store, there was a noticeable improvement in picture quality but the improvement in sound quality, especially with an amp that plays the HD sound formats, was incredible.

3. RAINS

RAINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Any additional comments would be appreciated :smashin:

4. cmcdonnell

cmcdonnell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I went from a PS3 into a Arcam AVR300 to a BDP-LX08 into a SC-LX71 and found a huge improvement in both picture and sound although like Alistair said it's the sound that knocks you out. My Arcam is a great amp for music and DTS/DD audio but as it could not take an HDMI input I could not get HD audio. Decided to upgrage both my DVD player (I have an Arcam DV79 as well as the PS3) and my amp at the same time as £1470 seemed a great price for both. Overall very happy with the upgrade...

5. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    It's a similar story, I went from a PS3 to the LX08 and the improvement in sound quality was the most noticeable thing.

PQ did improve as well with more depth and stability - less artificial I guess, I don't think you'll regret it :)

6. RAINS

RAINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase from taking into account price and knowledge.

Also both the player and receiver upscale is it best to leave it to the receiver or both or what :confused: