1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I using too high G2's with my 708?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by the jayman, Sep 20, 2003.

1. the jayman

the jayman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today I made my annual adjusting to my Barco 708. At this time, I though to go through also G2's with optical and beam focus. I tried the LED method with adjusting menu. Doesn't work as it should be. LED goes on and off and it seems that pots are not working as they should be. I even managed to turn off the green's LED while blue's LED start to illuminate from the same pot :confused: Also entering to the G2 menu back and forth affects to LED's.

So I tried the basic G2 adjusting method. Set contrast = 0, brightness = 50, 6500K and AVIA with IRE 0 pattern. When raster just fades away, the G2 is correct for the tube. Am I correct?

Black details are okay after this adjustment and picture is also bright enough. When entering to the G2 menu, all of the LED's are illuminating? Should I be worry about this? Am I driving my tubes dead? :confused:

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Either way works
    I would go with your second method. As this will produce an accurate picture.
    The LED's can be a bit fickle on tired tubes.
    Adjusting one pot will make the other voltages change as they "share" the out put voltage the idea is to make them all go out. They can only be adujusted in the special service menu. They should flash on and off in normall operation.

3. the jayman

the jayman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roland for the reply!

I still need one clarification:

Is it really raster or the active area of the picture? When using zero contrast, right G2 level and ire0, should i see anything on the tube?