Am I using the right cable for subwoofer

priasda

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This may be a very basic question. I'm currently using a single male to male cable to connect my subwoofer's R/Mono with the amp (Denon 2300w)
Should I be using male to 2 male cable instead to connect both R & L in the sub?
The amp has two identical pre-out for 2 subs, I'm using only one sub though.

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_162936.jpg
    IMG_20210612_162936.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210612_163020.jpg
    IMG_20210612_163020.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 85
Hi,
This may be a very basic question. I'm currently using a single male to male cable to connect my subwoofer's R/Mono with the amp (Denon 2300w)
Should I be using male to 2 male cable instead to connect both R & L in the sub?
The amp has two identical pre-out for 2 subs, I'm using only one sub though.
You have it connected correctly.

That seems fine. There may be some settings or a mode but I don't think so.

On the AV amp Sub 1 to the Mono input on the subwoofer. Male to male is correct. Looking at your crossover it needs to be set to it's maximum for LFE.

Thanks a lot for confirming. I'll change the crossover
Once you've changed the crossover on the sub to LFE - rerun Audessey calibration (with the supplied mic). After its completed, change all speakers to "small" in the AVR settings.

On the AV amp Sub 1 to the Mono input on the subwoofer. Male to male is correct. Looking at your crossover it needs to be set to it's maximum for LFE.
I'm even more of a neophyte than "Researcher" is. Will you please explain crossover to me so I'll understand what (if anything) I need to do?

Welcome to the Forum.

If you read the opening to this thread it will give you a good explanation of what and why you need to use certain settings on both AV amps and subs. If you have a Denon AV amp it's pretty simple. When you have read the opening of the thread come back either here or on that thread to ask for help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom