Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Am i the only one on Valium

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AV nutter, Nov 16, 2003.

1. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul b as just sent me a good web site now iam more confused than ever raster ect . time for a bottle vodka see if that helps why we do this to our selfs must nuts nuts nuts?:suicide: :confused: :suicide: :rolleyes: :

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    LOL,
    Its all very confusing. You need to take your time, read up on what it is you are trying to do and once you have it figured, have a try for real. May take a few reads but you'll get there in the end! Everything looks difficult the first time you see it, just read, have a think, have a tinker about and then read again, it'll all make sense soon enough.

Yes, Vodka does help but make sure you are stone cold sober when you fiddle with the pj, crt's and alcohol don't mix (lot's and lot's of nasty volts just waiting for the chance to fry unwary fingers!) :lesson:

I noticed you were thinking of buying a Barco 6xx pj - a better bet would be a Barco 801s or 800 but depends on how much you want to spend. Neither should cost more than £500-£1000 with good tubes and are a lot better and easier to setup than that the 1020. Keep an eye on the Hardware classified ads forum or ebay for a good deal or else go to the likes of Roland B4 or Henry at CRT Projectors for a pj with a warranty if you want to play it safe.

Personally, I'd stick with the 1020, use it as your learning machine and sell it in 6 months or so once you have learned all about using a crt and go for a better model at that point.

Whatever you do, take your time, have fun and be careful!
    Paul

3. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi paul.b thanks for the words of wisdom never thought this lump plastic and metal could be so damm stresfull well its not going to beat thats for sure cant go back to watching a 32inch portable now can i my son driving mad daddy i want 5ft scooby doos looks like i have to burn the midnight oil for some tim to come just hope i get the reward for the pain and suffering may be a bigger hammer needed.mike