Am I The Bad Guy Here?

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20200908_133311.jpg

Neighbour has parked these 2 caravans on their driveway. I dont like it. They don't go anywhere and seem to be used as spare rooms when guests come to stay. I want them to take them away. We don't get on too well so I can't discuss it with them.

It would annoy me as well but i don't think there's anything you can do about it other than talk to them

It's not great but there's not much you can do. Just put in a tall fence.

Even if planning permission isn’t required, you need to check your property deeds to ensure there aren’t any terms that limit or forbid the parking of a caravan in your own garden or backyard. This limitation is most common in urban housing estates.

You should also check Article 4 Directions issued by your local council which provide additional planning control in a particular location.

Its a piss take...

If you can prove that they are permanent and not transient and that it affects your ability to park on your drive (via reversing) you can make representations to the council.

Check if there are any restrictive covenants prohibiting caravans parked on drives. They are quite common.

At the end of the day it's their driveway the can park what they want there
Yep. I get that. Was thinking about moving to get away from them anyway.

We wouldn't be allowed a caravan on our drive. It's in the deeds, or whatever.

As said before, check them out.

Its a piss take...

If you can prove that they are permanent and not transient and that it affects your ability to park on your drive (via reversing) you can make representations to the council.

Check if there are any restrictive covenants prohibiting caravans parked on drives. They are quite common.
It doesn't impact my driveway, which is at the other side of the house. I just don't want this shite as the main view from my window.

I agree, a bit of an eyesore. But at least they are clean and look as if they’ve been looked after. I feel your frustration.

It's not great but there's not much you can do. Just put in a tall fence.
Depends on where you live, but in a lot of places the council puts limits on the height of front garden fences. I think it's about 1m in my area...we put in tall hedges to get around this.

Easy to see why you don't get on with them.

Inconsiderate "expletive"

Plant some lime trees along there - the residue they produce is really bad for paint - might take a few years but.....

As mentioned above, check the deeds to your house, estate. We are not allowed them in our estate and some residents had to get rid of theirs or find alternative storage.

Easy to see why you don't get on with them.

Inconsiderate "expletive"
You're not wrong. I've lived here happily almost 20 years, its a quiet, tidy street. 2 years ago they moved in. Absolutely common as muck, racist comments against my other half (Polish), incessant dog barking and now this garbage on their driveway...they're awful. He has a lot of health issues, so with any luck....

get some miracle grow on those miniature leylandii, and voila, instant fence/annoying the neighbours

Contact the council, if they are being used for accommodation this can't be right!

Put a fence up!

Recalling some of your past views and comments on the travelling community, this must be hell on earth for you :D :rotfl: Is that a flag pole as well :rotfl:

Seriously though, Leylandii is the solution. I have a 50 foot by 8 feet tall hedge in my front garden, two trims a year is all it needs and the wildlife love it.

Them plants look like they need a dose of horse manure, or maybe plant some Carrion flowers?

Recalling some of your past views and comments on the travelling community, this must be hell on earth for you :D :rotfl: Is that a flag pole as well :rotfl:

Seriously though, Leylandii is the solution. I have a 50 foot by 8 feet tall hedge in my front garden, two trims a year is all it needs and the wildlife love it.
Maybe this is the definition of karma...haha. yes...it is a flagpole.

They used to stand at the end of their driveway banging a pot for the NHS, with a "thank you NHS" flag...whilst at the same time having family and friends over for a BBQ during lockdown. The only time I have ever seen the Police down this street...and they blamed us for calling them, even though it was nothing to do with us.

Contact the council, if they are being used for accommodation this can't be right!

Put a fence up!
I would...but if I ever wanted to sell the place, which grows more likely by the day, I don't want a logged neighbour dispute.

I wouldn't like looking out on that either.

Nice garden BTW.
Thanks, the big tree on the right was put up because they installed CCTV which looked into our bedroom window, which is where the photo was taken from.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom