Am I screwed?

Solidone

Standard Member
Ok, so I have a sony KDL-40E4000 40" inch full hd lcd tv and when I watch blu ray movies I get flickering on a lot of movies.

I usually watch my blu rays by connecting my laptop to the lcd with an hdmi cable.

Am I getting flickering because the tv is only 60hz? I was under the impression that this was a good tv. Why the hell would they sell **** like this, if it isn't capable of displaying proper HD content?

I don't get any flickering when watching blu rays on the laptop itself.

Is there anyway to get rid of the flicker? :(

Here's what the tv model looks like:

Last edited:
Thread moved to the LCD/LED forums.

alsina

Novice Member
This model works perfectly well with bluray. The problem will lie with the output on your laptop.

Solidone

Standard Member
This model works perfectly well with bluray. The problem will lie with the output on your laptop.

Glad to hear it's not the TV then.

Gahh... this is so frustrating. I really don't know how the output could be causing this.

I have a have a pretty good laptop and I'm using an hdmi cable, the same type I use with my xbox.

I would really appriciate if some could point me in the right direction, I have no idea how to fix this.

dfleach

Standard Member
Proper playback of Blu-ray content from an HTPC or a laptop is highly dependent on hardware. How old is your laptop, what are the specs?

Solidone

Standard Member
Proper playback of Blu-ray content from an HTPC or a laptop is highly dependent on hardware. How old is your laptop, what are the specs?

I bought this laptop back in april this year.
Ok, here are my specs:

HP Pavilion dv7-3190EM

-Intel Core i5 430M 2,27GHz, 3MB L2
-memory 4GB DDR3 1067MHz
-640GB (2 x 320) SMART SATA 5400rpm
-nVidia GeForce GT320M 1GB DDR3
-17,3" - 44 cm HD+ LED Bright View 1600 x 900
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
So when you play a Blu-ray do you change the graphics from 1600 x 900 to 1920x1080 which is the natural res of your TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom