• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Am I safe deleting Aperture?

P-P-S-S

I have both Aperture 3.2.4 and iPhoto 09 in my iMac. I haven't been using Aperture that often at all so I'm thinking of deleting it in order to save a good 25gb of space. However I remember that once I downloaded some photos from my camera to my desktop and from there I dropped the folder straight on Aperture. I am not sure which photos they were though. Would those photos have been automatically copied to the iPhoto library as well or not? Is there a way to make sure that ALL photos are on both libraries before I delete Aperture?

D

Deleted member 27989

Short answer, no. You are not safe. Unless you are on the latest versions and have a unified library they are separate.

I would open the aperture library through import in iPhoto and copy the photos to their own event. Then just delete the aperture library. I would leave the aperture app that is much much smaller.

P-P-S-S

Short answer, no. You are not safe. Unless you are on the latest versions and have a unified library they are separate.

I would open the aperture library through import in iPhoto and copy the photos to their own event. Then just delete the aperture library. I would leave the aperture app that is much much smaller.

The problem is that I don't know which photos they are:( Not sure if there is a way of finding out?

D

Deleted member 27989

As I said, the aforementioned procedure will ensure the photos in Aperture are in their own event in iPhoto...Then you just have to search in one application...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom