Am i paying for the name?

K

kyzer

Hi Can anybody help?Not sure if this is the correct forum.I just need some advice...

I'm thinking on buying a maratnz sr4300 a/v amp and marantz dv4300 dvd.I can get this combo for£399.95. Or can i get anything else good at that price?Dvd has to be multi-region,progresive scan.and have composite and component in,out sockets.

Any suggestions would be great a help as i am goiing round in circles here.

I have a budget of £650-£700 for a/v receiver+dvd+sub/sat 5.1 speakers

Many Thanks

Kyzer

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Odd as it may seem, i believe that in the budget arena, the name counts alot towards the quality of the item. Going with a brand is a good thing for this reason and marantz are a good brand to support. You might be interested to know that the (presumably) previous model amp, the 4200, has been spotted for £130. Details are in the special offers forum.

all the best

ad

Thanks for the info i will check it out.Should i be considering any other models or should i stick to marantz?

Cheers

Kyzer

that rather depends on how picky you are going to be. If you are going to make this purchase and forget about it for half a dozen years, then i would just say to go with it since you wont be tempted to upgrade at the slighest blip. But if you are starting onto the upgrade treadmill, it would be worth doing a few searches, plenty of threads exist with similar wants. I would help, but i dont really know so much about your options.

ad

Hi Once agian thanks for your time.I'.m just looking for a system that i get good value for my money and sounds great as well.The way things are going it seems i'm shooting for the moon!!

Thanks

Kyzer

the marantz i was saying about in the special offers forum i believe is actually the 4300

ad

Hi Kyzer,
I'm not sure if you want this facility, but I don't think the 4300 is Pal progressive. Just a thought as it gets advertised everwhere as being progressive capable, but it's only in NTSC...(to the best of my knowledge, I may be wrong)

Pete.

Thanks Guys.It looks like i will have to look into this a bit more.Its got to be progressive scan or so i'm told!!!!

Thanks for your time guys

Kyzer

in that case, yes you are dead right about prog scan! I just didnt know if maybe you had a tube tv, in which case prog scan is useless really

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom