• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Am I missing something?

Silk2704

Standard Member
Evening All,

I've been in the process of upgrading my kit in the last year and now have a Yamaha A2010 receiver paired with MA Apex speakers and a BK Electronics Gemini II sub for my 5.1. I've just ordered a Sony KDL46W905 to replace my old Panny TV and so the next on the list is the Bluray player to make the most of the new TV (and in particular 3D).

What I'm wondering is am I missing something on the benefits of the high end bluray players if the PQ is going to be the same for 1080p and the receiver will do the work for the audio side when fed digitally? From what I can gather its on the upscaling side and then general load speeds/quality of build where the differences come in but not much else....

Feel free to tell me I'm talking rubbish if I am!

Thanks for any help/advice,

Nick

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom