Question Am I mental paying more for looks

Nooooooooo!! I was looking forward to seeing it finished over the weekend, bet you were as well!!
I'm gutted to be honest but there's nothing I can do about it. The speaker grill cloth is late as well 🤷. I guess it's not exactly a good time of year to be ordering stuff that you're in a hurry for. I'll still try get it done before Xmas if I can. I'll just need to do it all at nights after work, not ideal but I've got folk that need to see this finished 😂

I'm gutted to be honest but there's nothing I can do about it. The speaker grill cloth is late as well 🤷. I guess it's not exactly a good time of year to be ordering stuff that you're in a hurry for. I'll still try get it done before Xmas if I can. I'll just need to do it all at nights after work, not ideal but I've got folk that need to see this finished 😂
Yeah get cracking, I've got other threads to watch as well you know! 😝
But seriously, don't rush it! It's worth taking your time with this project :smashin:

No of course not. It's your money. As long as you're happy with the sound as well spend whatever you want to on styling. You would regret it if you didn't as you will be seeing it every day.

I managed to get the same paint I'm using from Screwfix woo hoo, I didn't even realise that they sold it, although I did need to go to two different shops🤷. 48hrs to dry then I can give it a light rub down before the final clear mat top coat. Maybe be done before Xmas after all 🤞
IMG_20201220_132211.jpg

IMG_20201220_132205.jpg
IMG_20201220_132615.jpg

Looking good! Really really nice sub you'll end up with there:thumbsup:

Looks like factory fit , well done

NICE job all round - that grill does not look straightforward

Looking great with a driver in!!
I'd be tempted to run that beast grill-less from time to time, got to see those 6 drivers doing their thing!! 🔊 🔊 🔊 🔊 🔊 🔊 :thumbsup:

Just two speaker grills to cover with cloth and I'm all done, tomorrow night for that as I'm pooped.
I'm still not allowed to use it until Xmas though seeing as it's actually a pressie from the wife, I can't really be mad though eh lol.
IMG_20201221_201048.jpg

IMG_20201221_201004.jpg

Just two speaker grills to cover with cloth and I'm all done, tomorrow night for that as I'm pooped.
I'm still not allowed to use it until Xmas though seeing as it's actually a pressie from the wife, I can't really be mad though eh lol.View attachment 1426717

View attachment 1426716
That looks the nuts!!
I'm showing the mrs what other guys are getting for Christmas!!

Looks amazing, the finish looks really good, have you checked it still works though lol

Looks amazing, the finish looks really good, have you checked it still works though lol
Thanks and Nope🤷🏼, I've no reason to think it won't work though. But no I've not tested it since putting it back together (within the past 30 mins lol) I'll wait until Xmas day now, a few more days won't hurt.

Thanks and Nope🤷🏼, I've no reason to think it won't work though. But no I've not tested it since putting it back together (within the past 30 mins lol) I'll wait until Xmas day now, a few more days won't hurt.

From an earlier post I believe you don't actually know if it worked before you did the work either, right?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom