Am I Loosing My Mind - Test Drive Unlimited

D

Deadsquirrel

Last night at about this time i am positive that i saw a downloadable Demo for Test Drive Unlimited advertised in Marketplace (don't know whether it was playable or just a video)

However,

Looking in Marketplace tonight in order to actually download it, i can't find it in either Game Demo's or Game Video's.

Am i loosing my mind or does this demo exist??????????????:confused:

Fully agree. It were tosh.

Played it mebbee twice. Didnt feel right at all.:thumbsdow

There is a new demo coming out.

the handling of the cars in the demo was very poor and simplistic, if they manage to get that sorted i think it would be half decent.

Yeah, been there months. I downloaded it, played for all of 30 seconds then deleted it. The handling of the cars was some of the worst i've seen.

Total waste of time them creating a massive environment that looks great if the fundamental aspect of the game is woeful!!

It's like seeing the best looking club around from the outside, but when you pay over the odds to get in, it's full of munters!!;)

i quite liked the demo eventhough the car handling was awful but i think the concept of the game was good.

I thought the demo was really good imo, the handling could do with some tweaking but other than that I found it quite enjoyable.

Why when a someone ask where a demo is do they have to be bombarded with it was rubbish anyway, maybe this person would of liked the game, anyway to the guy that asked there is an updated demo coming soon.:thumbsup:

I didn't like the demo very much either. Nice idea if they get it right but the cars handle like shopping trolleys.

Nice sound effects though... ;)

cjaya30 said:
Why when a someone ask where a demo is do they have to be bombarded with it was rubbish anyway, maybe this person would of liked the game, anyway to the guy that asked there is an updated demo coming soon.:thumbsup:
Why when someone has asked a question and had it answered, does someone need to make an echo of the answer?

Yes, we know there is an updated demo.

NackNack said:
Why when someone has asked a question and had it answered, does someone need to make an echo of the answer?

Yes, we know there is an updated demo.
The only on person mentioned a demo which was TVR Fan, so just because you know there is a demo dose not meen everyone else does. And also do you think its right for someone to ask a simple question an be bombarded with its rubbish dont bother?. That is our own choice to make, so if you got nothing constuctive to say, dont say nothing.

I hope you will still need strength to turn the car in-game.

TVR_Fan said:
I hope you will still need strength to turn the car in-game.

How strong will I need to be? I better start working out now! ;)

I did quite like the demo, a little ropey perhaps but they're taking on a pretty big task with the online elements. I don't think anyone would consider buying this as a single player game, would be much better off getting NFS:MW in that case as it's alot better in that respect, IMO of course.

I liked the demo - OK the handling needs work but I thought it was graphically nice and the whole idea of the game is great. I didn't think that the candling was as bad as some make out though and just felt that it needed tightening up a bit.

Put it this way, I pre-ordered after playing the last demo and can't wait for this. :clap:

Thats why it will be good to get this updated demo, so we can see if it is better or more of the same, I to liked the demo and with the extra work time since we got that demo this could be good.:)

They have a target date for 20th August but that is only a target date

Guys - read this thread on the Atari forums if you are interested in this game. It's written by the guy who's reviewing the game for X360 magazine (which is due out on 17th August) and he loves it.

Says the handling has been much improved since the demo and that the AntiAliasing is spot on as well. There's some pretty nice screenshots in the thread as well although I had to register to see them.

One mad stat was that it would take you around 16 hours straight to drive over every piece of track in the game - 30 hours if obeying road speeds etc!

Looks stunning - can't wait! :clap:

If the handlings been changed, good, I may give it a second look.

I was really looking forward to the title until I played the first demo.

Wonder how many more have been put off...

Alun said:
I was really looking forward to the title until I played the first demo.

Wonder how many more have been put off...

That sums up how I feel about this too. Sounded brilliant, then I played it :thumbsdow I'll be happy to give it a second chance and if the 2nd demo is a big improvement then may yet get it.

Cas, had a quick glance at that thread. Sounds good, but pinch of salt probably required owing to the forum it appeared on :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom