• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Am i Good to go or have i missed something ?

Kopite4Ever

right spec of pc in sig hooked up to Pj in sig with a lindy 5m Dual Link DVI-D cable.

software i have got ready to go is Theatertek 2.06, FFDShow 20041012, Nvidia DVD Decoder 1.00.67 & Cyberlink power DVD 6.0 (doubt i'll use that)

is that all i need to get me going with my PJ or am i missed something fundimental ?

have a great artical on how to setup TT and FFDshow from a link one of you guys posted from HTPC news or something like that.

regards

dekoded

How about some remote administration software ?

I use 'radmin' on my HTPC, it makes it much easier to mess about with software etc. I use my laptop to view the HTPC which means I don't need to keep switching on my PJ, which is connected to the HTPC's vga output!

Kopite4Ever

dont think i'll need that tbh. what i meant by my question am i good to go viewing wise ? ie not missed anything fundimental to play back etc from what i gathered i think the prog's i have will suffice

KraGorn

You may need Powerstrip to set resolution and refresh for 1:1 mapping and matching source material frame rates.

Recent nVidia control panel releases have added custom resolutions but I still find PStrip more convenient for selecting 48/50/60hz as needed. Apart from that you've got the

Kopite4Ever

i have 1280x720 in my nvidia control panel from what i remember so thats sorted. think its a standard res on the newer 6800's. will see about 50Hz as i need to connect the pj first as i cant test it on my monitor. as long as im sorted viewing side i'll sort it. thanks

edit just checked and it does allow me to select that resolution :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom