1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i Good to go or have i missed something ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Kopite4Ever, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    right spec of pc in sig hooked up to Pj in sig with a lindy 5m Dual Link DVI-D cable.

software i have got ready to go is Theatertek 2.06, FFDShow 20041012, Nvidia DVD Decoder 1.00.67 & Cyberlink power DVD 6.0 (doubt i'll use that)

is that all i need to get me going with my PJ or am i missed something fundimental ?

have a great artical on how to setup TT and FFDshow from a link one of you guys posted from HTPC news or something like that.

regards

2. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    How about some remote administration software ?

I use 'radmin' on my HTPC, it makes it much easier to mess about with software etc. I use my laptop to view the HTPC which means I don't need to keep switching on my PJ, which is connected to the HTPC's vga output!

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    dont think i'll need that tbh. what i meant by my question am i good to go viewing wise ? ie not missed anything fundimental to play back etc from what i gathered i think the prog's i have will suffice

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You may need Powerstrip to set resolution and refresh for 1:1 mapping and matching source material frame rates.

Recent nVidia control panel releases have added custom resolutions but I still find PStrip more convenient for selecting 48/50/60hz as needed. Apart from that you've got the

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i have 1280x720 in my nvidia control panel from what i remember so thats sorted. think its a standard res on the newer 6800's. will see about 50Hz as i need to connect the pj first as i cant test it on my monitor. as long as im sorted viewing side i'll sort it. thanks

edit just checked and it does allow me to select that resolution :clap: