Am I glad I'm not a footballer!!

technoman28

I have just watched "The weakest link" wags special on the BBC I-player, and have come to the conclusion that I don't think I could live with any of the girls on there.

As lovely as some of them are to look at, to actually spend any serious time with them would be a nightmare. There are some classic answers given, it had me in absolute stitches. If you have a spare 40minutes have a look.

mjn

Distinguished Member
There's an easy way to stop them speaking :devil:

RMCF

Distinguished Member
I have just watched "The weakest link" wags special on the BBC I-player, and have come to the conclusion that I don't think I could live with any of the girls on there.

As lovely as some of them are to look at, to actually spend any serious time with them would be a nightmare. There are some classic answers given, it had me in absolute stitches. If you have a spare 40minutes have a look.
Couldn't agree more.

But you have to remember that if you are a footballer on £70k - £120K per week then stimulating conversation is not what you are after. Its 'looks' first and foremost, cos all your mates have a cracker so you must have one.

Plus, remember that most of the top footballers are hardly very exciting conversationalists themselves.

PoochJD

Hi,

OMFG!!! That is so embarrassingly sad. How thick is she? Admittedly, I didn't know Hungary was the answer (I was going to say Yugoslavia.. :eek: ). but at least that would have been a reasonable attempt, unlike hers.

One word, though, sums that clip up... Americans! :rotfl: "Is France a country?!" she says! Jeeez....!!!!! :nono:

Pooch

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
Is she for real??? Ive heard of Turkey but not Hungary :rotfl::rotfl:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
"I thought Europe was a country"...priceless..:rotfl:

krish

Distinguished Member
funny though that clip is, it pretty much sums up most contestants on easy-as-:censored: quiz shows and reality show wannabes, whether American or British
- the US doesn't have a monopoly on dip:censored:ts, just look at (spoiler text regarding The Apprentice...)
that idiot who got booted off the Apprentice tonight (claimed to be half-Jewish and a classics graduate, but tried to get Kosher chicken from a mosque :rotfl:)

The Dark Horse

To be honest most pro footballers are as thick as two short planks, so I guess they make a good match.

When I was a teenager I briefly dated a model, she wasn't famous but she done catalogue and magazine stuff and the odd fashion show. I thought I'd hit gold, she was a stunning looking girl, a real head turner. I couldn't believe my luck. However it was like talking to a brick wall. Trust me the novelty of dating a model soon wore off and believe it or not I blew her out :)

Lezman

funny though that clip is, it pretty much sums up most contestants on easy-as-:censored: quiz shows and reality show wannabes, whether American or British
- the US doesn't have a monopoly on dip:censored:ts
Cheers for that spoiler there Krish. I had sky+ for tonight and was staying away from it all:thumbsdow

-Jay-

Banned
Cheers for that spoiler there Krish. I had sky+ for tonight and was staying away from it all:thumbsdow
Frig sake same here i had it on sky+ due to watching britain aint got talent, oh well i'll still watch it but as you say thanks for spoiling it. :thumbsdow

krish

Distinguished Member
Frig sake same here i had it on sky+ due to watching britain aint got talent, oh well i'll still watch it but as you say thanks for spoiling it. :thumbsdow
:oops: my apologies, text now in spoiler tags, and if you could perhaps remove my quote it won't spoil it for others who didn't watch it last night

Dextur

Distinguished Member
I bet they're as thick as this person,this is embarrassing,dumb as a box of rocks:D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqi0DwNLJdM
Sweet Jesus...

Sounds like a lovely deep south girl.

We have our own dummies but when it's a geography based question the yanks are out there on their own.

Have to remember over 70% don't even own a passport.

We all laugh but remember in the early days when Bush didn't have a catalogue of set phrases to speel out and his advisors let him talk of his own freewill.

He's wasn't a million miles off our friend in the video...

jarraman

Have to remember over 70% don't even own a passport.

We all laugh but remember in the early days when Bush didn't have a catalogue of set phrases to speel out and his advisors let him talk of his own freewill.

He's wasn't a million miles off our friend in the video...[/quote]

Why would they need a passport,its a country thats got totally everything.

I would also put Bush a lot higher up the old brainbox league than Blair or Brown those two slime balls.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Except decent beer, culture, history, health care.......

jarraman

Wots wrong with miller Lite Genuine draft. Very few people know alot about the English Civil War, but they all know who ******** Geronimo was.

Health Care in england :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

mjn

Distinguished Member
Wots wrong with miller Lite Genuine draft. Very few people know alot about the English Civil War, but they all know who ******** Geronimo was.

Health Care in england :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Have you tried getting "free at the point of entry" health care in the states?

apul

America does have some decent beer. Just as here, the market is dominated by crap.

Dextur

Distinguished Member

I would also put Bush a lot higher up the old brainbox league than Blair or Brown those two slime balls.

Sorry , there's just way to much mileage in both those statements, and I'm way to busy to have fun with it.

jarraman

Have you tried getting "free at the point of entry" health care in the states?
Have you tried taking out medical insurance,and or actually paying for something

mjn

Distinguished Member
Have you tried taking out medical insurance,and or actually paying for something
I've got medical insurance......but many Americans can't afford it, due to the stupid price of the cover, and as far as i'm aware, their drugs costs aren't limited to the price of a prescription, like here in the UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 21st October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett