1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I getting a PAL Prog picture from Denon 2800II???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tandk_1, Apr 3, 2003.

1. tandk_1

tandk_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Denon 2800 II, which my dealer sold to me as Multi Region and PAL/NTSC Progressive (not Pseudo PAL Progressive - I made absolutely sure).

Although I am sceptical because when I go into the Setup menu and then into the Video Setup and choose Progressive (instead of Interlaced) and also PAL (instead of NTSC or MULTI) I cannot get a picture at all on my Panasonic 4 Plasma (also checked with Panasonic and the 4 is definitely PAL and NTSC Progressive). When I set the Video Setup to NTSC (with Progressive) I can get a picture! Also I can get a picture from PAL or NTSC when in Interlaced mode.

My dealer reckons that I need to choose NTSC with Progressive (which is the only way I am getting a picture when set to Progressive) because if I am getting a picture from Region 2 discs then the player is outputting PAL Progressive.

Please could someone help!?!

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have the same screen as you:
    If with a PAL dvd you can only get a picture with the player set to NTSC, then it sounds like the player is converting PAL to NTSC progressive. Not outputting PAL progressive (576p) at all.

Your dealer assured you that the player does PAL progressive but also told you you need to set the player to NTSC for progressive - hmmmm
    :confused:

3. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I have a Panasonic model 4 and Denon 3800 MR Pal-P machine. The 3800 is set to output 'Multi' and PAL Progressive works just fine with this setting. It is also totally obvious that it *really* is PAL as the picture takes a second to 'lock' onto the PAL signal then it resizes/centres automatically on the screen. When I next use an NTSC disk the same thing happens again, so it is definitely switching display modes.

4. tandk_1

tandk_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Carl and Nick for your posts.

Carl - I think that may be the proof I need to go back to the dealer.

Can anyone else with a Denon player (particularly 2800 mark 2) confirm they also set the player to Progressive output and Multi (or PAL) rather than NTSC?

Thanks

Tony

5. BabylonP

BabylonP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Tony

I have a DVD A1 and I can assure you that with the player set to multi, it outputs Progresive PAL for PAL disks and Progresive NTSC for NTSC disks.

My projector has a menu option to show exactly what signal type is being feed into it on the input.

Phil

6. tandk_1

tandk_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you all for your replies.

My dealer has now done some tests and established their software disc is not working correctly. Therefore when they put it in my machine it made it multi region but not PAL Prog.

Cheers

Tony