1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I expecting to much ....

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by GeordieKeith, Apr 25, 2003.

1. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony 32FX66 television and a DAVS550. I want to listen to the TV (which is through a FreeView Box) through the 550 so I turn the TV speakers of on the menu.

However, even though I put the TV on standby, everytime I turn the TV on I have to once again go and turn the TV speakers off.

Is this a problem with my set or is this the way it is. It just seems a pain that I have to go through this routine everytime!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith.

2. Budville

Budville

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GeordieKeith

I think this is normal. It is a pain because I have the DX40 with a DAV-S300 and I have to turn the speakers off each time I turn the TV on.

Has your set top box not got Audio outputs? If you only want to listen to Freeview Channels via the DAV then this would be the solution.

3. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Budville,

Yes the freeview box has audio out and is connected. The sound therefore comes out of both the TV and DAVS when I turn overthing on, I was under the impression that it is best to turn the TV speakers of when using the DAVS systems.

Oh well looks like I will have to live with it.

Thanks again.

4. kevenh

kevenh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some one on this forum had what appears to be a good idea.
    Why not plug in a plug to the TV's headphone socket?