1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Dreaming Or Does This Exist ?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Crafty, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Crafty

Crafty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi, not 100% sure this is in the right place but...

Presently got a boggo normal sky box, what I want to be able to do is view sky from upstairs. Dont want to fork out for another receiver etc as its only me here so the same channel being viewed on both TVs isn't a problem.
    I'm sure I've heard of/seen a device that allows you to use your sky remote upstairs and the signal ( e.g. change channel ) somehow gets routed tot he sky box downstairs... it may of even been a wireless system.
    Does it exist or am I going mad and making the whole thing up ?:eek:

Thanks for any replies...

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    It exists either RF cable and an "eye" or a video sender, Argos and maplins do em.

3. Crafty

Crafty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    thats it, doh.. I searched here and couldn't find anything..

What is the general view on wireless transmitters for TV pics ? if I can avoid trailing wires around I will....

4. Kootuu

Kootuu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Tried one of them recently (can't remember the make), very temperamental, don't recommend them as there is just too much inteference that can occur...

But, depends how far you are sending the signal, you can alway give it a try and get a refund if it doesn't work out for you.

5. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I tried one from Argos I think it cost about £70 but it was awful, most of the time I got horizontal lines running across the picture. Problem is the only other alternative I've found is the QED Roomlink at £150, but that requires you to run a wire from and to the different rooms, and you would also need some sort of scart splitter so that you have one scart connected to each tv, so a scart lead would need to be run to the other room too. I don't know exactly what cabling is required as I'm still investigating this myself, but I've heard they work pretty well but they should do for the price.

If anyone knows of a wireless device that works well I'd also be interested, I don't think I can bear to channel out the wall anymore after doing it for every plug socket and light switch in the house :(

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    I use video senders for the TV in my kitchen & bedroom. The PQ is ok, but not great as it is only composite. They do tend to pick up a load of interference, but most have multi channels so you can swap to the best channel. Once you have them setup they are not too bad. Just don't use the microwave whilst it is being used as that will wipe out any signal!

Mark.

7. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Do you have your aerial system distributed throughout the house?
    If you do you shold have a look at this site
    http://www.tvlink.co.uk/

You can buy them in Homebase etc. as well.