Am I being unreasonable?

mjn

Distinguished Member
I'm upstairs working, the girlfriend is downstairs working. She wants to ask me something, she shouts from the bottom of the stairs or the front room, making me stop what i'm doing and go downstairs.

Is it unreasonable of me to expect her to come and speak to me, if she wants to ask me something?

mjn

Distinguished Member

mjn

Distinguished Member
Ian J said:
Why can't she ring you
she could, but my phone is downstairs! :rotfl:

steve.o

Novice Member
Thats what I love about MSN messenger, while im on my pc and she's in the other room with the wireless lappy, we can still talk without me moving :smashin:

Ruperts slippers

Distinguished Member
Lol i used to ring the missus up on my mobile from upstairs,to order a bacon sarnie.

Why do women shout up the stairs ,to ask you a question ,my daughter does the same thing too.:nono:

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
neilios said:
Lol i used to ring the missus up on my mobile from upstairs,to order a bacon sarnie.

Why do women shout up the stairs ,to ask you a question ,my daughter does the same thing too.:nono:
it would seem it's a women thing, and they wonder why they get fat :nono: :rolleyes: :D

seriously though, i hate that, and the worst thing they do is try and talk to you when you're in the bathroom :mad:

i mean it's bad enough when you're on the toilet, but when you're in the shower and they try and have a full blown conversation with you it's rediculous. and this will happen even though they have been talking with you for for an hour beforehand. or just as you are going out the remember they have to tell you something about a girl at work...who you have never met.....and all you want is to go for a beer :(

Ruperts slippers

Distinguished Member
AHH my daughter always seems to need to go to the toilet when im there ,either heving a log or a shower .

No rest for the wicked .

Can't even get any peace in the bathroom.

Dammit.lol.

What makes me and the missus laugh is when my daughter tells me to shut up ,until the missus points out who she gets it from.:oops:

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
Auto and I do the MSN communication thing, then he can be in the cinema and I can be anywhere with the lappy and all is well in the world. It is reasonable for you to either a) install messenger b) text each other c) take it in turns to come to each other d) switch off the puters and sit in the same room !! :eek: :rotfl:

t-force

Another vote for Messenger here - I have the desktop PC in my room, and the other half has the laptop in the living room - when we don't feel like shouting through walls, or walking, we'll just IM each other, plus play the odd game of Solitaire Showdown!

nicky_j

Standard Member
mjn said:
I'm upstairs working, the girlfriend is downstairs working. She wants to ask me something, she shouts from the bottom of the stairs or the front room, making me stop what i'm doing and go downstairs.

Is it unreasonable of me to expect her to come and speak to me, if she wants to ask me something?
my mum does that lol. or she asks me to bring something downstairs when im already doing something but she isnt. would be easier just for her to come up and get it herself :mad:

Pat_C

Novice Member
t-force said:
Another vote for Messenger here - I have the desktop PC in my room, and the other half has the laptop in the living room - when we don't feel like shouting through walls, or walking, we'll just IM each other, plus play the odd game of Solitaire Showdown!
And people say that families don't communicate with each other any more ... :)

abraxus

Novice Member
mjn said:

You're not being unreasonable, my girlfriend does the same thing. Whats worse is that she shouts at first and then when I answer she starts talking more quietly so that I'm forced to go to her to hear what she's saying. Took me ages to cotton on to that one.

Now I insist that if she wants to talk to me then she has to come to the room I'm in, otherwise I just ignore the shouts.

shodan

Distinguished Member
If she wants to talk to you about something, shouldn't she make the effort to make sure you can hear her without you having to stop what you are doing and go to her?

I suggest you wait till she is watching whatever drivle soap series she watches, then do the same to her and when she moans (or snaps, as they have a tendancy to do) then explain to her why!

Quote I heard recently.. "Never trust a woman with a pulse"...

colinwheeler

I completely agree with the OP. One of the things that irritates me the most in life if somebody shouts at you from anywhere else to get you to do something for them. My ex wife would do it frequently even after I told her not to many times.

Anyway, now the only living things i have to worry about doing that is my fish and they have a hard time shouting so it is all cool.:devil:

Great quote Shodan :)

Pat_C

Novice Member
shodan said:
Quote I heard recently.. "Never trust a woman with a pulse"...
Or even without one - it could be a trick!

rio1981

Hmmm, I'm with the original poster on this one. If I want to speak to someone I will make the effort to go and engage with that person - surely that's just common sense?!

I think it's up to us fellas to stop being lap-dogs meself! :D