1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being too paranoid? (HD5)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by DreamNshadow, Jul 11, 2005.

1. DreamNshadow

DreamNshadow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I exchanged my old HD5 with a new one because the screen froze. This new HD5, the buttons seems softer, and there's a particle of dust INSIDE the screen.
    I know I may be too picky about things, but is this normal? Or did someone open up this HD5 and then return it?

And will it do any harm or decrease any sound quality if i always unplug and plug things back into the headphone outlet?

2. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    To the first question, its a £200 player, if you have only had it for a few days and you aren't happy. Take it back. You are entitled to do so if you have problems with it.

To the second, you won't harm the player by plugging and unplugging headphones. If you did, I'd be very surprised. Its all very low voltage.

The HD5 is awesome ;)

3. DreamNshadow

DreamNshadow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the HD5 is awsome.

Maybe I should exchange it AGAIN.

Anyways, I was actually thinking about wearing out the metal that has contact with the headphone line because of all the rubbing back and forth when i plug it in and out.

4. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    That would only be a problem after a very, very high number of plug ins and outs. Seriously, don't worry about that aspect.

5. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    - Unpluging and plugging in causing problems- I've seen it happen. One of the problems with jack leads.

If you have a remote leave it in and unplug and plug in on the remote so your wearing out the remote and not the player.

Still, don't be paranoid about, its unlikely. so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
    No, not at all. You are entitled to be happy after spending £200, as stated above :)