1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being stupid?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gerry1000, Oct 9, 2004.

1. gerry1000

gerry1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    have recently bought a new SHARP widescreen TV. I was led to believe that when watching non-widescreen format television that there would be two black lines down the side, but that the whole of the program would be shown. I am finding that when i switch my tv to normal mode that I do indeed get the black lines but am missing some of the sides of the television program. For example if i am watching the news I can never see the full newsflash bar at the bottom. I have tried with all the available screen modes but none of them fix this problem. Any ideas anyone, or is this te same with all widescreen tvs??

gerry

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Gerry,

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with your Sharp Tv but it definately sounds as if you have a fault.

You should be able to see the full width of a 4:3 picture on a widescreen TV, either in the correct aspect ratio or stretched to fill the screen.

As you've only just bought it, a phone call to your supplier would appear to be the next move.

Good luck. :thumbsup: