Am I basshead - 10db Harman curve

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hey guys,

I have a BK Mono plus. I've tested EQ off and on with the following curves:

They all sound lovely but I REALLY like the 10DB one. It just has a tactility, depth and power to it which the others don't have as much of. The +6DB is good too but the 10DB takes it to another level.

I'm running a BK mono plus which looks like its running out of juice in the new room.

Am I basshead? I REALLY like the 10DB curve...

just trying to make sense of the curve and my personal tastes,, or is it that my bk monolith + is weaker in a bigger room and therefore I'm craving the old bass I once had in a smalle rroom?

Dobbyisfree

Then pick yourself a new set of ear drums from ebay! 🤣

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member

Dobbyisfree

I'm just having a laugh.
Personally, I'm more into subtelty with subwoofers. I don't have DIRAC so can't comment on that but I seem to be one of only a few that leaves the Audyssey sub setting alone. I'm happy when the VERY low frequencies are subtle with the odd surprise. "The Serpent" springs to mind, that series had a couple of OMG sub moments that appeared randomly.
So, anyway, if you like the 10dB then that's up to you and your preferences and there's nothing wrong with that and if you don't feel the bigger room is under enough pressure then, like Dante01 says, get more subs! (Assuming you have a way of EQing them).

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I'm just having a laugh.
Personally, I'm more into subtelty with subwoofers. I don't have DIRAC so can't comment on that but I seem to be one of only a few that leaves the Audyssey sub setting alone. I'm happy when the VERY low frequencies are subtle with the odd surprise. "The Serpent" springs to mind, that series had a couple of OMG sub moments that appeared randomly.
So, anyway, if you like the 10dB then that's up to you and your preferences and there's nothing wrong with that and if you don't feel the bigger room is under enough pressure then, like Dante01 says, get more subs! (Assuming you have a way of EQing them).
Its not like +10db on the subwoofer.. I think a house curve is more subtle than that.
I definitely wouldn't +10db on audessy subwoofer trim.. that would be insane :D

Tea

TBH it also depends upon your original measurements. One thing I’ve noticed with DIRAC (or any room correction software) is that a small movement of the measurement mic can change the end result hugely. This is especially the case if the listening spot is close to a boundary wall.

My sofas in a small bay window and if I use the “correct” measurement square per the diagram my bass is just robbed and I have to correct with steep curves.

Or maybe you just love bass 🤘😁🤘

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom