AM antenna

MPB666

Standard Member
hi, new here sorry if this is in the wrong section to ask. i have an AM antenna i found that came with my audio receiver, my reciever is in my basement so id like to run the antenna upstairs for a clearer signal. the wire on the antenna is only like 3 feet long i need to lengthen it to a good 15 feet at least. can i just buy any kind of wire and attach it with end caps to lengthen the cable or does an antenna need a certain kind of wire. i dont know much about wire so i figured id ask, haha, i have a picture too to show you the kind of antenna. thanks for any answers

Attachments

• Image0165.jpg
    Image0165.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
hi, new here sorry if this is in the wrong section to ask. i have an AM antenna i found that came with my audio receiver, my reciever is in my basement so id like to run the antenna upstairs for a clearer signal. the wire on the antenna is only like 3 feet long i need to lengthen it to a good 15 feet at least. can i just buy any kind of wire and attach it with end caps to lengthen the cable or does an antenna need a certain kind of wire. i dont know much about wire so i figured id ask, haha, i have a picture too to show you the kind of antenna. thanks for any answers
Any wire (two leads) will be OK, but I'd suggest using slightly thicker wire. If reception remains inadequate, you'll need to consider a better AM antenna.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom