Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

always learning the exspensive way?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by randomcdg, Jan 28, 2005.

1. randomcdg

randomcdg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello people,
    well ive got my samsung 42" plasma now and to be honest im a bit gutted, mainly because the pq is not bad genrally but at times can be very poor , with 'solarisation' and horizontal bleeding' being the main culprits. Now i know now that by buying the sammy i may have been a bit hasty, after reading many post about hw bleedin great the pannys are ! But i am pretty much stuck with it now so what do i do?
    Im feeding it now with sky+ using s'video cable and sony dav550 via composite/component after trying many a cable costing a few wasted pounds

So heres my dilema - would a 'scaler' or some piece of equipment simalar do a job for me and rid me of these problems im having OR is it just a few more hundred quid down the drain?

Could anyone tell me if the'Cypress CSC200RS Magic View Video Scaler ' is any good or do u have to plum fot the iscan

Please help as this could tip me over the edge i think in month's to come :eek:

2. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,818
    A good start would be getting an RGB signal from your Sky box to the plasma.

3. randomcdg

randomcdg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tried that that already

4. the klang

the klang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    tell me about it !all the money i have spent on my setup only to find out now that i should have read more about what i was buying.if the screen is not very old and your totaly not happy with it you could allways sell it and get the plasma you realy want.a waste of money i know but no one ever said this game was cheep.good luck anyway.

5. Gezmondo

Gezmondo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A good scaler will sort sky. I'm very happy :thumbsup:

6. ScubaPro1

ScubaPro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Lumagen and a visit from Gordon would sort it out !

7. randomcdg

randomcdg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello again, cheers for the advice everyone,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3870270369&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

- found this on e-bay - what do you think, will this max my pq? Also im having another slight problem in that the entire image from my sky+ keeps moving left then right every so often, now when your watching a program with a scorecard on the screen such as 'odi - cricket' this is very annoying - would my iscan cure this as well?
    Again ive tried all my new collection of leads and its the same on them all .

Anyone else suffering the same problem?

once again cheers for any advice given

PS. I think im now addicted to this site as its virtually the first site i go to when i get home from work, hope this dosent end up costing more coin !!!!!!!!!!! lol