1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

always learning the exspensive way?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by randomcdg, Jan 28, 2005.

1. randomcdg

randomcdg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello people,
    well ive got my samsung 42" plasma now and to be honest im a bit gutted, mainly because the pq is not bad genrally but at times can be very poor , with 'solarisation' and horizontal bleeding' being the main culprits. Now i know now that by buying the sammy i may have been a bit hasty, after reading many post about hw bleedin great the pannys are ! But i am pretty much stuck with it now so what do i do?
    Im feeding it now with sky+ using s'video cable and sony dav550 via composite/component after trying many a cable costing a few wasted pounds

So heres my dilema - would a 'scaler' or some piece of equipment simalar do a job for me and rid me of these problems im having OR is it just a few more hundred quid down the drain?

Could anyone tell me if the'Cypress CSC200RS Magic View Video Scaler ' is any good or do u have to plum fot the iscan

Please help as this could tip me over the edge i think in month's to come :eek:

2. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,457
    A good start would be getting an RGB signal from your Sky box to the plasma.

3. randomcdg

randomcdg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tried that that already

4. the klang

the klang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    tell me about it !all the money i have spent on my setup only to find out now that i should have read more about what i was buying.if the screen is not very old and your totaly not happy with it you could allways sell it and get the plasma you realy want.a waste of money i know but no one ever said this game was cheep.good luck anyway.

5. Gezmondo

Gezmondo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A good scaler will sort sky. I'm very happy :thumbsup:

6. ScubaPro1

ScubaPro1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Lumagen and a visit from Gordon would sort it out !

7. randomcdg

randomcdg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello again, cheers for the advice everyone,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3870270369&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

- found this on e-bay - what do you think, will this max my pq? Also im having another slight problem in that the entire image from my sky+ keeps moving left then right every so often, now when your watching a program with a scorecard on the screen such as 'odi - cricket' this is very annoying - would my iscan cure this as well?
    Again ive tried all my new collection of leads and its the same on them all .

Anyone else suffering the same problem?

once again cheers for any advice given

PS. I think im now addicted to this site as its virtually the first site i go to when i get home from work, hope this dosent end up costing more coin !!!!!!!!!!! lol