Aluminium Apple Watch charging stand - anyone have one of these?

Discussion in 'Wearables Tech - Fitness & Smartwatch Forum' started by Kieron, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Kieron

Kieron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,154
  2. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,049
    Apple have shown the 'nightstand' mode in Watch OS 2.0 to be 'landscape', so does that mean all of these charging stands which hold the Watch 'portrait' are out of date?

3. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,652
    I was thinking of getting a charging stand but I prefer the "nightstand"mode so will wait until finding one that works in that mode

4. norealplan

norealplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    Same. Had a Twelve South Hi Rise on order. Now cancelled. No doubt landscape ones will become the norm soon.

5. dagja

dagja
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    here is another stand made of alumnium oder stainless steel, but also vertical. i dont think it is "out of date", not everybody will use nightstand mode. for me its more important to draw attention to the watch :D

"Smartwatch Ladegerät" | manugoo

6. williamus

williamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I'd assumed the "nightstand mode" would be simply so you could read the watch in landscape while charging it on your bedside table so as to actually do way with the need for a stand altogether?

I wanted something to rest the watch on while charging it, manage the cable and keep my desk/bedside table tidy and so I bought a couple of these:

Color Desktop Charging Stand Holder Dock for Apple Watch iWatch 38mm / 42mm | eBay

They're surprisingly well made, weighted and have protective coverings for the base and for the iWatch. There are dozens of these from different sellers from .99p to £100s but I suspect they're all identical. This one was from a local seller and offered next day delivery free with click-and-collect from Argos. Getting the cable to sit exactly right took a little fiddling, but I'm well pleased.