Alternatives to Q Acoustics 2050.

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by sswats, Jan 2, 2018.

1. sswats

sswats

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have a pair of Q Acoustics 1010 speakers and a 1000 centre.
    I have small tannoy speakers for the rears. I have a tannoy sub but its faulty.

I am personally satisfied with the Q Acoustics but we have moved into a new home and my wife doesn't like the look of them. She wants flat panel which i can't find a good set of, or nice looking floor standers.

I have been looking for 1050/2050 second hand but being that specific I haven't found a set at a good price, so i am looking to expand my search for other good floorstanders at a price of £200-250 second hand.

As a final point, if i have to fork out for new 3050 model (£390) would it be ok with my current centre or would that need upgrading too?

edit: This are used for movies and games. No music.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. AudioVisualOnline

AudioVisualOnline
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +786
    Is there a reason you are after floorstanders?

If not, have a look for pair of 2010(i)s or 3010s at the front as a cheap upgrade, shifting your current 1010s to the rear and keeping the centre as is. Spend the rest on a sub and you should have a decent system for not much money.

If you do go for 3050s, the existing centre will be fine.

3. sswats

sswats

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Purely for aesthetics. Wife doesn't like the look of speakers on stands which is what i have now. so either nice looking floorstanders or something more discrete looking like the flat panel Kef T205, but obviously a lot cheaper. The KEFs were actually in the basket at one point but the house refurbishment has drained my wallet, so looking to save where we can now.

Sorry I did make a mistake, I have the bigger 1020s not the 1010. So the 1020s are not suitable for rears, again because of the aesthetics.

I may just attach them to the wall directly.

4. Crafty

Crafty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    If the 1020s have the bolt in the bottom you could use the QA wall brackets, which are quite neat and do away with the stands. If you had to upgrade they do a bracket for the 3010s and 3020s.

The 3050s are pretty big, so she may not like them either!