1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to DVDSoon

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by jouni, Aug 25, 2005.

1. jouni

jouni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know there is a general thread for DVD sources - but there is probably a certain type of customer that has been using DVD Soon and is now looking for new sites.

So maybe people could check in here with suggestions aimed at this group.

DVD IMPORT seemed to look good - but has had both good and bad said here.

I gave them a call - it took a few minutes to get thru - but guess that's OK. They said they answer email in 24 hours.

One problem is they also debit right off the bat. They also seem to be ready to charge 5 CAD for cancellations - he tried to tell me it was usually only for pre-orders as it messed up their own pre-orders.

It also seems they take no responsibility for goods not received (there is of course the recourse of chargebacks - but one might find themself on their blacklist then)

Does anyone have a long experience with this company? Good? Bad? (if it's long it probably means it's good)

(I have otherwise been using Play Jersey and DVDDeepDiscount - but picking up Deep stuff myself at a US address now and then.)

2. Glib

Glib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I would encourage people to stay away from anyone that debits you up front and especially so now with what has happened to all the DVD Soon customers and the mess this has created. I have found Deep Discount susceptible with delivery. I had big problems last year with them but have since ordered at last big sale they had and did receive everything. Best option is DVD Pacific as they have consistently good prices all year round and excellent customer service.

3. jouni

jouni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found Deep Discount susceptible with delivery.

Any details on this? I have used them for 2-3 years and many 100's of disks - even one shipment to Europe - and have had 0 problems - of course that now means it starts :D

4. Glib

Glib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It was last year during their 20% off sale. I noticed on different forums many others were having similar problems. During last sale though I did not have any go missing.

5. jouni

jouni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Their software occasionally goes a bit bats but their policies and actual performance have so far been faultless - they have replaced missing shipments immediately etc.

Their serach engine is pretty good - which by the way was a total waste at DVD Soon.

6. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    In the couple of times I've used dvd import I've found them to be reasonable, reliable and fast. I oredered Return Of The King giftset, they sent it by FedEx at no shipping cost and it arrived one day after it was shipped. Now that's good.

7. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    What about Movietyme.com?

I have been using them for a while now, and thier service is very good :clap:

8. jouni

jouni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Movietyme prices are rather stiff - also if you realize there is free shipping into UK only.