Alternatives to an Aerial

L

Lentrica

I have 2 TVs in my house.

The reception on both is pretty crap.
I have a wire from a self-installed aerial (on the roof) coming into the house into a Y splitter which then feeds both TVs.

Since the reception is almost non existant, is there an alternative I can use to a traditional aerial.

What can I do to ensure maximum signal quality for Terrestial TV and Freeview on both TVs.

Appreciate the help.

JH

Ron240

Since the reception is almost non existant, is there an alternative I can use to a traditional aerial.
Yes....get cable. :D
Dont like it myself though.

L

Lentrica

I have Cable but that only works on one TV. The other TV needs Terrestial and Freeview channels.

Is there any suitable equipment which would be a substitute for an aerial?

JH

L

Lentrica

Thanks, I already have cable with all those channel but I'm not looking for another service.

Instead, I just want a way where I can still view my terrestrial channels and freeview with better equipment.

Any suggestions?

JH

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
moving this thread to the Freeview forum where it might get more results :)

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Better aerial (perhaps you need a different type) and/or better alignment.

One each for each TV, not shared/split.

And better downleads.

If that still doesn't improve things, try using masthead amplifiers.

L

Lentrica

Thanks,

I was thinking more along the lines of something completely different so I wouldn't have to deal with the problems associated with aerials altogether.

Are there no alternatives?

Maybe they just dont exist.

JH

bob1

Your right they don't exist, your not going to get any reception without one on a tv/freeview box.

hamster

Novice Member
Probably you are best getting a professionally installed aerial. All methods of delivery have their problems. Satellite is by no means problem-free either.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom