1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative video connections for bog-standard scart TV?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Nimby, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Hi Guys

I hope I'm in the right forum? :clown:

Is there any point in trying alternative video connections to my humble Philips CRT TV instead of my present fat blue 5m Scart cable going direct from my DVD player or digital Sat receiver? :confused:

My NAD T533 DVD player and Yamaha E800 DSP processor offer a wide range of sockets including progressive scan, S-video and who knows what else. All no doubt aimed at LCD, plasma screens and upmarket widescreen TVs with digital "innards". I hope I'm not being too technical? :devil:

Just to put my mind at rest, could you dismiss the alternatives for me please?

In fact I am perfectly happy with my 4:3 TV picture. But I'd still be grateful for any advice from the experts here. Apart from buying an LCD or plasma screen of course. :blush:

Is there any point in putting the video through the E800 instead of direct to the TV?

I just thought I might get a cheap picture upgrade for the cost of a different cable, if I asked nicely. :)

Thanks
    Nimby

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Any piece of hardware you pass a signal through you will use a little quality[scalers aside].Unless you have component inputs ,then unfortunately scart is the best option.

3. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Just what I needed to know. Thanks.
    I'll go back to just worrying about sound quality. :)

Regards
    Nimby