1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative video board for Fujitsu P42VHA30xx?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GilchristT, Oct 26, 2004.

1. GilchristT

GilchristT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks

Does anyone know if / where you can get replacement video boards for Fujitsu plasmas?

I've been offered a nearly new P42VHA20EH by my work for £1,200 all in which seems reasonable to me but it only has D-Sub VGA and BNC connectors and I've not that keen in going down the convertor route.

I assume the only difference between the business models and the consumer models is the video board and would hope that it's replaceable? Ideally I'd like the RGB / S-Video / Composite Scart of the ES model.

Any advice?

thanks

tommy

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There are other differences, the cards are not interchangeable. The VHA20 will not accept component video. See if you can knock them down a bit, and get a processor, an iscan ultra would do the business, giving 2 each of component, s-video and composite. The HD model would be the icing on the cake, but a bit pricey. You can probably pick up an ultra in the classifieds. Cheaper and probably better than a new PW6.

3. GilchristT

GilchristT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MAW

Had no idea what half those words meant but a quick trawl through the forums and a bit of Googling has clarified and you seem to be on the money.

The IScan Ultra seems to be exactly what I'm after and the HD would indeed be nice but too pricy.

tommy