Alternative to WOWHD?

The Lloyd

I was trying to locate an American only release 4k and stumbled across WOWHD uk. They seem to have what I need. However I went through an absolute rigmarole trying to register an account; the registration email just wasn't coming through no matter what (not in junk/spam or anywhere). After trying multiple times I emailed their customer services. This was awful. It was just a generic "scan over complaint and send something out that resembles a keyword". Anyway they told me multiple times they would send a registration email out which I didn't want them to do because it just wasn't coming through. Well finally I got through to someone who actually set the account up and bless them it works. I was able to log in.

However now it is convinced I am accessing the site from America and must be an American (it keeps saying so on the site itself, even though I don't use VPNs or proxies and no other site has this issue) so when going through the checkout process its asking me billing state which I can not get round.

Ive fired off another email to them to hopefully fix it but I really shouldn't have to work this hard to actually give someone money (I hate that, if I'm giving you money, take it). So I was wondering if there was an alternate site for goodies from America (particularly the 4k releases that for the strangest reason we don't have here yet), that is not ebay and is comparatively priced. I don't really know many shops outside of the usual (HMV, Zavvi, Zoom) and of course if it was only an American release they don't stock it.

As an aside to this does anyone know why we don't get certain movies? I'm not talking obscure films, more like semi blockbusters and American and Worldwide release films, you know, the kind almost everyone has heard of one way or another. I noticed a film even that was a joint UK, German and American collaboration that was only released in Germany and France. Why not give it to the UK and USA too? I understand why not everything has a Blu ray or 4k yet that is not up for debate; What I mean is if one country has that definition (blu ray) and others don't; is there some sort of distribution rights legal thing behind some releases or political problems or something else? What are the usual reasons not everyone gets a release?

Distinguished Member
Check out the list of us sites in the op HERE

*It hasn't been updated since brexit happened so some of the retailers no longer ship to the UK unfortunately.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
However now it is convinced I am accessing the site from America and must be an American (it keeps saying so on the site itself, even though I don't use VPNs or proxies and no other site has this issue) so when going through the checkout process its asking me billing state which I can not get round.
I get this all the time. It should allow you to enter your postcode at which point the drop down box with the US states should disappear. You can then enter your full UK address.

The Lloyd

That's a decent list. I'll check that out. Hopefully some are still shipping here.
I'll have a look at some alternatives and price some things up before trying that captainarchive. I didn't think of that.

Gazgum

I get this all the time. It should allow you to enter your postcode at which point the drop down box with the US states should disappear. You can then enter your full UK address.
Yes, this bit can be a bit fiddly, especially on a mobile phone!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom