Alternative to TX26LXD70 ?

AddieB

Standard Member
I had a TX26LXD70 on order from Empire Direct, but they are out of stock (as they are with everyone else) - is the model discontinued?

They are in stock @ Tribal, but I don't fancy using them.

I looked at loads of Panels before I settled on the Panasonic so now I'm totally lost! What 26" LCD can I get for around 500?

Cheers.

A

AddieB

Standard Member
If anyone is able to offer some guidance as to what is equiverlant to the LXD70 at a similar price point I would appriciate it.

Cheers.

ChunkyKong

Standard Member
Judging by posts on this forum, the LXD70 is the best 26" TV on the market. The next ones close behind seem to be the Sony KDL-26T3000 and the Panasonic TX26LMD70. The Sony seems to be around £450 if you can find stock, whereas the Panasonic is £349 at Asda at the moment if your local one has stock.

AddieB

Standard Member
As a last resort I phoned Tribal - on hold for 20min or so no asnwer and no answer to my e-mail yet!

This panel isn't in stock around the £500 mark anywhere :(

Don't fancy a Sony. Does anyome know if there is a supply problem?

the TX26LMD70 is readily available but seeing them side by side I really believe the extra £150 is worth it for the X.

neverenough

Standard Member
I have bought thr TX26LXD70 for £449 from electrical deals.

They are the Uk's main repairer for Sony, Panasonic, JVC and Samsung and the last set I bought from them was fine. Most of their stock is stuff which has been returned after being bought from major stores for whatever reason, but it all comes with 12 months manufacturers warranty and you can buy an extended warranty.

I also had the same issue with the stock situation at Empire Direct and have just had a refund from them, but I dont mind if my new set has a mark on it for £70 cheaper than the cheapest.

You may have to ring them as the LXD70 is not advertised on their site but they do have them. www.electrical-deals.co.uk

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom