Alternative to Sony STR DN1080?

mfosker

Standard Member
I was planning to purchase a Sony STR DN-1080 to go with my Bravia OLED TV
Seems that no-one is selling them at the moment, I am not sure if this is the end of the road for this AVR or a temporary stock issue.
A couple of months ago I could have picked one up for £429 oh well.

Anyway, I am wondering if there is a good alternative which will do all of the following:
  • 7.1 / 7.2 Atmos
  • Switch on automatically with the TV
  • Have the Volume controlled by the TV remote so that I don't need to use two remotes
  • Chromecast
  • Spotify Connect
  • Preferably use the HDMI as the only connection between TV and AVR (is this eARC?)
  • Shallow depth so that I can fit it on the shelf by my TV without if falling off, shelf is approx 310mm deep but I don't mind it overhanging a bit so long as the feet are on the shelf
Right now the only source is the TV itself although I may buy a Blu-Ray player.
It'll be running a set of Gallo A'Diva , Micro and TR1 Sub
I made an assumption that I would need to go Sony to get the tighter integration with the TV, but is that the case?

Any recommendations?
Thanks

mfosker

Standard Member
Thanks I'll take a look, they'd stopped listing them and so I stopped checking their site.
Shame they've put the price up by £70

chrissyman

Yes I was looking at the Sony, but the Denon looks a good choice, I think Peter Tyson will have some in early April.
Wouldn't worry too much about Sony needing a Sony amp. Should be fine with the Denon.

mfosker

Standard Member
Thanks both, I'll take a look at that one. Perhaps when they have it back in stock I'll give them a call to confirm compatibility etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom