Alternative to Sky HD

G

gladiatory

Before I give in and subscribe to Sky HD does anyone have a possible alternative. I have an old Pace 2200 skybox able to pickup the free channels, and a Samsung 40" 1080p HD tv with freeview. Have considered Humax option but not sure as what it might provide. Any advice would be gratefully received

njp

Novice Member
Wait for Freesat (the proper one, not the Sky spoiler) to launch in March? That's what I'm doing...

There's a thread hereabouts.

Starburst

Novice Member
If you think the BBC and ITV will be your main viewing for HD content then certainly wait for Freesat, if you want more content ontop of that then SKY HD is the answer.

The cost of the hardware for the two systems will probably be fairly similar if not less for SKY HD but the ongoing subscription will soon negate that saving.

NoDad

Freesat, that's the baby. Sky-HD - NEVER!

As soon as C4 and C5 finish their contracts with Sky, they will be joining the BBC and ITV over on Freesat.

I have virgin XL TV package. The best programs are still on BBC and ITV. These guys are the program makers, not just the program show-ers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom