Alternative to PS3 Video 9?

HRL

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Was just hoping someone could suggest an alternative to PS3 Video 9.

I've tried converting a few .mkv and .avi files and it seems very hit and miss as to whether it will work. I know that it's probably a codec thing but if there is an alternative piece of software that has better codec support I'd like to know about it.

Please...

Nero 7 ultra edition is superb ...it includes nero recode & encodes video to AVC format & if you burn them to a dvd as data files the ps3 plays them perfectly

Now downloaded Nero Ultra 7.10.10, I'll give it a go this evening. :smashin:

Do AVCs created by Nero play back multi-channel audio properly or are you still stuck with the first two channels in the stream?

Do AVCs created by Nero play back multi-channel audio properly or are you still stuck with the first two channels in the stream?

A couple I did only played back in stereo but maybe I didn't have options set correctly :confused:

best way for mkv is to strip the ac3 with mkvextract,
encode video only into mpeg2 with xvid4psp.

merge ac3 with mpeg with mkvmerge and remux with TSremux in to a BD file structure.

Burn with nero DVD-ROM UDF, UDF 2.50 no multi session.

The disk will then play in ps3 like a blu-ray with ac3 sound.

Putting files on the xmb will result in no sound or down sampled to 2 channel.

For Ts files with ac3 just remux to BD structure and burn same way and they will play with 5.1 also.

If you want to put vids on yourr xmb just reincode full movie in xvid4psp into some thing like mp4 with aac sound.

Appreciate the suggestion but it really shouldn't be so complicated should it?

If PS3 Video 9 was more comprehensive with the codec's it supported and seemed to work on every file I could throw at it, I'd use it all of the time.

As it is at the moment the options and multiple software installs seems a bit excessive. :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom