Alternative to Pioneer ?

DodgeTheViper

Thinking recently about possibly changing my Pioneer SC-LX83. There's nothing wrong with it, just thinking about a possible change.

If i were to change it, what should i be considering that is in the same league, ish ? Maybe even something that is a model down from the 83 range. Yamaha or Onkyo ?

Anything else would need to be able to run my KEF Q900's and be compatible.

Any suggestions or advice appreciated, cheers :smashin:

Last edited:

bravogolf

Are you not happy with the sound (it's brightness or the like) or just want a change of hardware? I've not tried the Yamaha's myself so can't draw any comparisons but they get quite a few recommendations, particularly the 3067

DodgeTheViper

Being biased have you heard an anthem? ARC is a fantastic system in my room.

I havn't heard them no, although i would be looking for a receiver with room EQ.

Cheers
Kev

Last edited:

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I havn't heard them no, although i would be looking for a receiver with room EQ.

Cheers
Kev

Well the the Anthem definitely does that, has an EQ system that outclasses that of just about everything else on the market except for dedicated offboard EQ systems.

DodgeTheViper

I'll take a deeper look into them for features and functions etc. And i'm sure one of the usual mags has done a review as well.

Cheers

harry_houdini

I'll take a deeper look into them for features and functions etc. And i'm sure one of the usual mags has done a review as well.

Cheers

Hello mate, looks like you have a set up very similar to mine - lx83 & Q900s. I've just actually sold both bits but it might be worth you looking at the Denon range, 3312 is a good un.

DodgeTheViper

Denon 3312, really ? I'll take a look at that as well then :smashin:

Why did you get rid of your 83, and what are you getting next ? If you dont mind me asking.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom