Alternative to Panny after shop trip

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer Kuro 5080, its 1080i and a brilliant picture, I need another TV and thought Panny was doing the Pioneer panels but according to Panny they only do the Pio panels in their 3D TV's, looked at their top of the range non 3D in SD mode and it was fairly grim - compared to the Pio SD - and looking on these forums it looks like I'm not going to get any better than I have........or does anyone differ?
Looking for a 46" Full 1080p thats PQ will obviously be compared to the Pio plasma with everything I watch:rolleyes:

I have a Pioneer Kuro 5080, its 1080i and a brilliant picture, I need another TV and thought Panny was doing the Pioneer panels but according to Panny they only do the Pio panels in their 3D TV's, looked at their top of the range non 3D in SD mode and it was fairly grim - compared to the Pio SD - and looking on these forums it looks like I'm not going to get any better than I have........or does anyone differ?
Looking for a 46" Full 1080p thats PQ will obviously be compared to the Pio plasma with everything I watch:rolleyes:

They're not using Pio panels at all.

I'd honestly wait to see what next year brings unless you desperately need another TV...:)

They're not using Pio panels at all.

I'd honestly wait to see what next year brings unless you desperately need another TV...:)

yes I think thats the best advice all round, looks like LED is the ONLY way forward now unless Pio get back into Plasmas

yes I think thats the best advice all round, looks like LED is the ONLY way forward now unless Pio get back into Plasmas

Um sorry, LED is what? :laugh: at my budget I'd not touch LED thank you, even with the issues I have Id not swap for LED my god man lol.

Panasonic dont use Pio screens no but you can get the non 3D V20, its the same screen and filter as the VT20. Many seem to think it matches or beats your set on blacks I dont know if this is true but my V20 is a vary impressive set with HD and SD can actually look darn good, there is an issue with posterizing etc tho so it may be best to wait, especially as you have a great set.

Sorry just re-read your post:suicide: ignore me not with it:oops:

Last edited:
less then 8 weeks before we see what Panny are going to offer us for 2011 - i would hang tight if i were you as there isn't anything out there right now that is a must have when you have such a good TV anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom