1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative to Fuji S7000

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by speedy_gonzales, May 22, 2004.

1. speedy_gonzales

speedy_gonzales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone out there who is up-to-date on the current digi-cam market? I'm seriously thinking of buying the Fuji S700 but wondered if there were any other make/models out there that I should be looking at for the same quality/price. I'm not bothered about physical size(wife says it doesn't matter ;-p) but I do require at least 5M or 6m of pixels coupled with a good lens/zoom, and all for £400ish.
    Any ideas or does anyone out there not rate the S7000 for any particular reason?

2. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We just bought one of these this week (S7000).

I admit being a bit of a Fuji fan, already having owned a S602.

It is a fantastic camera, and I would have no quarms in buying it once you have examined other options. I did look at Canon and Minolta prior to purchase (can't remember the model numbers), but although they had reasonable specs, I couldn't help feeling each didn't quite match the spec list I needed quite as fully as the S7000. We bought the camera for taking macro shots mostly, and needing to be able to manipulate and crop the images, needing excellent metering and cover in low contrast situations.

If you're looking at prices, try looking at ebuyer.co.uk, as I found the S7000 for £385 inc VAT last week, although I know the prices have fluctuated a little since then.

Hope this helps,

Ian

3. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I happen to know the Taunton branch of Jessops currently has the Fuji S7000 at a rather outstanding £341.86!!!!! Not for much longer tho, so get down your local Jessops, tell them that Taunton are doing it for that and see what they will do, more often than not they will match it.
    Oh and I do like the Fuji S7000, except for a few minor niggles (AA batteries, manual focus ring is unresponsive, other tiddly things) but at that price it is an essential purchase anyway!