Alternative to Denon AVR-X6700H

shade_of_meta

Hey guys,

I'm finally going to upgrade my TV to 4K and am looking at the LG CX range...

My amp also needs an upgrade to 4K but I'm current bi-amping my front and center speakers and wondered what my options were...

I'd like to keep the bi-amping and have 4K 120Hz with the usual array of sound options,

Only running 5.1 but with bi-amping all 3 front speakers my options are a bit more limited,

any other recommendations? I don't really want to spend more on the amp over the TV but if needs must...

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
How are you bi-amping? It's generally thought that if you're using the spare internal amps of an AVR to bi-amp there's zero point as they all share the same internal power supply so you get zero advantage, you're effectively just bi-wiring. If you have an external amp to do the duty then as that has it's own psu then that's different.

shade_of_meta

How are you bi-amping? It's generally thought that if you're using the spare internal amps of an AVR to bi-amp there's zero point as they all share the same internal power supply so you get zero advantage, you're effectively just bi-wiring. If you have an external amp to do the duty then as that has it's own psu then that's different.

yea i appreciate that..I just wanted to keep it simple and reuse the cabling I have as its installed somewhat and setup for bi-amping with my current speaker setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom