Alternative to Bose Wave system

samsan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying Bose Wave system. They are selling Wave 11 For £299 + £50 for dab radio attachment.
What alternatives are there , i am no audio expert!

Sam

Hi,
Just looking for a good system to play cd's +DAB + i pod and portable.
Noticed you can use the Bose on battery.
Seen the Bose 11 at a Bose factory outlet shop in York, they were refurbished 30 day returns etc

Have a look at the Yamaha desktop range, eg Yamaha MCR-B142

I walked this path a few years ago - I too was drawn to the Bose Wave. The thing that put me off was flexibility (lack of).

After a bit of research, I ended up buying an Onkyo CR515DAB receiver with a pair of Q-Acoustic 1010 speakers. Not the biggest, loudest or most expensive system, but sounds great in my living room. I have the matching iPod dock which works a treat with my iPod Classic, and I have the TV connected to a Line-In - again, not as good as a full-on home cinema setup but way better than the built-in speakers on the TV.

if there is a downside, it's that I'm now toying with buying a turntable and it doesn't have a Phono-in, so I'll have to get a pre-amp to use one of the Line inputs, but at least it's "do-able"....

Looks like the CR-555DAB is the current equivalent, and it takes an iPod dock.

Just another option to consider......

Looking at Roberts Steram63i
Cheapest £270 Amazon
Looks good value for the money,have never heard of Roberts,but has very good reviews.

Sam

Roberts have been around since 1932! In fact I remember my dad taking one of their classic radios with him to work 35 years ago - had it for nearly 20 years...I'm sure they will be around a long time to come as well.

The Bose is great if you like the bass to come out a week after the rest of the music...

(this post may contain some exaggeration (but the essence remains!))

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom