• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Alternative to Amina Transducers/

skullface

Established Member
I'm sure someone contacted our company with details of an alternative product to the amina transducers. I seem to remeber it was american, but it escapes me.

They sold kits of just the exciter element for us to incorporate into baths, tables, anything you fancy.

Anyone aware of an alternative?

vex

Prominent Member
Not directly what you are looking for but I have found Sealth Accoustics as far better speaker than the Amina's, Full Range as well.

V>

Isco 3

Established Member
Not directly what you are looking for but I have found Sealth Accoustics as far better speaker than the Amina's, Full Range as well.

V>

I had a look at Stealth Acoustics last year in Denver, and I must admit that they sound very very good for what they are.

vex

Prominent Member
I have used them on a couple of projects and Love the Sound / Function. You must pack the space behind them well with rockwool or similar to help with forward projection.

IMO if someone wants quality WITH minimal impact these are far better than Amina.

I used to demo them with Jamiriqui (spelling) running through them, try doing that with Amina's and no sub!

The new UK distributor is Habitech, pm me if anyone trade wants contact details.

(No relationship, just a good product that I like and will use again)

V.

charris cy

Established Member
We represent Stealth Acoustics in Cyprus and we have just finished 2 houses, one with 33 FX6s and one with 27 FX6s. The clients are very impressed with the results and everybody can not beleive that the sound is coming out of the ceiling and nothing is visible. We have designed are own wooden boxes woth several depths and in some projects we have even installed them in brick walls. We have even done an invisible home cinema using AX3s on the front and FX6s and ther invisible subwoofer. I am very impressed with this brand and their prices are much more reasonable thn the Amina ones. We only specify them in high-end projects though as the installation requires a lot of design, details and frequent visits to the site. Also the other subcontractors (false ceilings contractor and painter) that are working on the project should be top notch since the final finish of the speaker depends on them.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom