1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternative stand for a RD50?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by locky79, Nov 12, 2004.

1. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi everyone!!

well ive ordered my RD50 but i was no way going to pay £250 for a stand, so for all those who have or havent got the sagem, can you recommend me a stand within the price range of £50 - £150.

until i get my RD50 its gonna have to sit on a ugly brown corner table :(

thanks guys and ladies ;)

2. mfairclough

mfairclough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've also ordered the RD50. I originally ordered the stand as well because I bought it from the What Hifi show and got a discount (cost £100). Since then I've cancelled the stand as it is too high. When I get the TV - hopefully this week - I'll start looking for a stand. If I find anything suitable I'll post here - likewise could you do the same.

3. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hey!

thanks for replying to my thread :clap:

i did see a nice stand at comet in teesside park, it was £150 though but it was nice and long... and made of glass but i would like to know a nice stand for cheaps as i prefer to spend my money on either a dvd player or sound system.

ps do you know when your getting your RD50? i was told within 10 days after the 15th .... WHICH IS ....TODaY :eek:

4. Wij

Wij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I made a nice black and silver stand at work for mine :D

I ordered mine from hifibitz,I presume we will be informed as to when to expect delivery of these btw? I'll need to know the exact day of delivery to take a day's holiday from work,or there will be nobody in to accept it :/

Sean

5. mfairclough

mfairclough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just spoken one of the sales managers at Optoma. He said the TV's have now arrived and that I should be contacted by their logistics dept within 24 hours to arrange delivery (directly from Optoma in Watford). I'm therefore expecting it this week.

On a seperate note, have you actually seen the RD50 in the flesh? I saw one at the Hammersmith show a couple of weekends ago and noticed that the demo unit did not have the "Unique furniture grade black high-gloss 'Piano Finish' cabinet" as advertised on the Optoma website. Today I confirmed with Optoma that only the RD65 has this finish. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed about this but it's not going to stop me buying the TV but I thought I'd let you know incase it makes a big difference to you.

I'll take a look in Comet at the stands available. The ikea website has some as well, but I don't think they look that great.

6. Wij

Wij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Ah right,maybe I'll hear from them this week also then,havent finished decorating the room yet either(oh dear).

Actually that is slightly disappointing about the finish but it isnt enough to make me cancel,I have to try one now :)

Sean

7. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hmmm... i wonder what phone number i gave them? well i ordered mine from hifiblitz as well so please tell me the usually procedures as im new to all this...

first time ive ever spent so much money :O its only coz i got promoted hehe

bleh

8. big ric

big ric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I rang optoma up today they said the RD50 had not arrived yet and i was getting my hopes up
    Big Ric